Is there a way to restore my notes from Samsung Memo app?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by techlife95, Dec 26, 2016.

1. techlife95

techlife95 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    kennyreid95
    I wiped my s7 clean few days ago. Stupid me forgot to turn on sync memo in samsung account settings and it did not backup or sync my memo notes. I thought the sync was on for the memo app and I thought the Samsung backup in backup and reset would backup memo notes without turning on sync. So now I think I'm screwed and lost all my notes. I also backed up my apps through google. I found out Google backup only backups google apps and apps I installed through google play store. Another way I backed up my phone was connecting my s7 to computer backing up locally on my hard drive. I did not know about smart switch program for PC. So I just backed up through windows explorer s7 portable media device, selected all folders and transferred all folders from s7 phone storage to my computers hard drive. Is there a way to get my memo notes back from the backup files on my computer hard drive?

2. Shariarku

Shariarku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC Desire EYE
    Have you looked through all of the backed up folders on the hard drive? Can you find anything that looks like it might be the memo folder? I'm not sure exactly where the Memo app stores your memo files, but if it's to a protected system directory, then it wouldn't have been copied over to the hard drive when you did that backup.

Or you could use android recovery apps. You'll find many android revoery apps. Use one with good reviews.