Is there a way to prioritze what apps the OS kills first?

M

Matth3w

The primary concern for me when using my phone is navigation between the various basic phone functions...namely my apps organizer folders and the ChompSMS application....in other words, when I unlock my phone and want to check something out, I understand the actual application has to load, but I want to be able to click the apps organizer button and BAM it appears instantly. USUALLY this happens anyhow. However, sometimes I can tell when I click that it takes a second or so to load (as in the first row of icons renders immediately, then it takes a bit for the rest to follow, or the box will be blank then fill up...same thing with ChompSMS).

My uneducated guess is that at some point I had too much stuff loaded in the background and the OS unload that particular folder from App Organizer or the SMS program.

Is it possible to do something either with an app or by default where you can specify never to kill a specific app or apps?

I hope at 1am this makes sense.

cideas

Reaction score
In short no this is how the vm works to help keep a balance of memory and performance at a decent ratio.. read the sdk spec if you want more details... android.developers.com

P.s you may be able to set priority but the apparently itself would have to set it per app, just a wild guess doubt if its still possible

Last edited: