Is there a way to manually add certain features?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tsitalon1, Jan 14, 2011.

1. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really miss power widget in drop down/notification area and using volume buttons to skip tracks when screen is off.

Is there an easy way to add these to BB 0.6.2.1?

2. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    A market app called Power Control Plus (paid app) allows you to add customized control widgets to the notification bar. There might bea free app that does this as well but if so I'm not aware of it. The only difference is that the Power Control Plus widget will always be placed as the last item in the notification bar compared to it being placed first as in CM6.

And when it comes to using the volume buttons to skip tracks, PowerAmp (not free...actually kind of pricey but worth the cost IMO) I know allows you to place a PowerAmp widget on the lockscreen. Let me go check and see what the volum rocker does and I'll post right back with the results.

Edit: Ok, it appears as if the volume rocker controls, well, the volume lol. I wasn't able to find anywhere in the settings where I could change this either. Damn, I thought I was going to be able to answer both your questions. At least the powwer control widget works :) ... well if you don't mind spending a little bit. It's really customizable with loads of extended controls, and definately worth chucking some loose change over to the dev for.

#2 HarvesterX™, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  3. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for checking and thanks for trying!

Just curious, you did hold down the volume button down for 2sec's to see if it would skip tracks as opposed to simply pressing and releasing the button right?

4. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I went back and tried again like you suggestedd, but all it did was continuously set the volume in whatever direction I held. For some reason I had thought PowerAmp let you skip tracks in some other method other than manually pressing the skip track button. I guess I'll go google and see what comes up.

Edit: As far as I can see the volume just let's you control the volume. I did find out that you can swipe the album art to skip tracks/artists while in the lock screen but that's not gonna be too helpful if the phone's display is off.

#4 HarvesterX™, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +57
    You may be able to use the paid app "tasker" to hack up a way to skip songs perhaps.