is there a way to make the trackball turn the phone on??

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by tonynalli, Jul 18, 2010.

1. tonynalli

tonynalli New Member

title pretty much explains it. i would like for my phone to turn on when i push the trackball. sort of like the the iPhone when you push the home button? or am i just missing the icon i need to click in the settings menu? any help would be appreciated.
  2. Deaner1029

Deaner1029 New Member

I have also been trying to figure this out. there is an app you can get that i think is called nolock. i tried it and you can use any button to wake up your phone but when using it your phone doesnt ever seem to go to "sleep". when you wake it up the slide lock isnt there like it should be. And I'm not sure of this but if it isn't locking your phone then i think its not killing of tasks that are running like it should. i wasn't satisfied.
  3. tonynalli

tonynalli New Member

yeah i have no lock and i really dont like it at all. i find that i will dial someone or text someone at least 5 times a day with that on. it shouldn't be a difficult application to make, i wish i had the time to learn how to or i would. i just hope that someone that actually has the resources to be able to do this might feel the same way. As its sits i hardly use this button right now and think of it as "almost" pointless. however, if it turned the phone to the slide lock screen i would like it a lot more.
  4. Geovone

Geovone New Member

Wondering this as well
Search tags for this page

android use trackball to power on

app turn screen on with track ball

how to turn on the tracker ball on an iphone

how to turn your phone's trackball a home button

htc eris turn trackball off

make trackball turn on phone

trackball screen on htc

trackball to power on