1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a way to get Corporate Calendar back on Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nateccnn, Jun 16, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

When I installed Froyo I lost corporate calendar. As a workaround I installed Touchdown. Touchdown is nice but not so nice it warrants the purchase price. I'd like to go back to Corporate Calendar. Is there a way ti install it? I can't find it on the Market.

Nate
  2. ACalcutt

ACalcutt New Member

Corporate calendar now shows up inside the normal calendar app. you can choose which accounts/calendars you want to show.
  3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Som 'o beach! I opened the calendar app once and was surprised to see a bunch of appointments and just assumed that I must have accidentally synced my outlook calendar to my google calendar. LOL I had no idea it was pulling from my exchange server.

Cool. I can get rid of touchdown now.

Nate
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Get rid of Touchdown? Been using it since Nov and it rocks....Does everything but notes.
  5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Like I said...Touchdown is nice...but it is not able to do anything I can't already do. Just not worth the price tag in my humble opine.

Nate
  6. lkwilson

lkwilson New Member

ICONS at bottom of the screen

How did you get the extra shortcuts at the predefiend tool area at the bottom of the screen??
  7. jdk2

jdk2 Member

That's LauncherPro. It's available in the Market.
  8. REMilk

REMilk New Member

Launcher Pro has 3 user-defined dock areas!

One of my favorite features of Launcher Pro is the ability to use the dock area for apps. Launcher Pro provides for up to 3 dock areas (your choice of 1 ,2, or 3) with space for 5 app icons on each dock area. These three dock areas rotate left and right and continually in both directions. I have the middle icon on dock area 1 as the App Drawer and I have 14 additional apps assigned to the dock area. This makes it very easy to quickly access lots of apps. dancedroid

Bob
  9. edmicman

edmicman New Member

Sorry to sort of hijack this, but I had a question related to the corporate calendar...

I do like that it's combined with the normal calendar now, but is there any way to disable the notifications for a specific calendar? I used the corporate calendar before as a way to check my work meeting schedule at a glance, but I've got a ton of crap that is pushed to my outlook calendar that I don't necessarily want to be notified all the time about. But I *do* want to get notified about my google calendar items.

Is there any way to get granular calendar notifications any more?
  10. jfarena

jfarena New Member

An important note...

I've seen a lot of posts about after droid 2.2 upgrades that people's corporate calendar is missing and their exchange calendar is not in their regular calendar. This is the case with me.

Simple fix:
    Go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Ensure Auto-Sync is turned on.

Without that, your exchange corporate calendar items will not appear. :icon_eek:

Hope this helps!

Jon
  11. myco72

myco72 New Member

I agree with jfarena, but you have to also click on your exchange account and make sure there is a check mark in Sync Calendar.
  12. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

It will sync notes BnB but only through USB. App called Nitro Notes.
  13. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I just installed Nitro Notes and it will not sync notes with my Outlook client. It seems to have no option to sync with the exchange server (over the air not supported). So I am thinking this app only works if you are running Outlook Client as a POP3 / SMTP or IMAP set-up. If you run it in Exchange Mode you peobably won't work. Unless I am completely missing something. I followed the instyrutions to a tee and it simply does not sync. It probably is looking for the PST file on my desktop...which I have one from an older setup. I wonder if the note is sitting there in that old PST file. LOL

Nate
  14. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

Nate, I use exchange, and have my outlook client on my PC. Nitro Notes worked fine. Outlook creates a local copy of your data on your PC, and I am guessing that is what NN looks for. Note sure if I can be of more help, but it does work, at least for me.
  15. kteatime

kteatime New Member

German Howto: Froyo with Zarafa/Exchange Groupware

Hi all!
    I successfully configured my Samsung Galaxy S (running Froyo) to sync with Zarafa, it should work like that with Exchange, too. The howto I wrote is in German, however, there are screenshots. I want to share it here because jfarena's hint was crucial to me!

Well - thanks!!! I hope my article can help others with the configuration. Android mit Zarafa-/Exchange-Server synchronisieren 404 Not Found
Search tags for this page

calendar missing

how to get meeting rooms to show on samsung s4 touchdown cal