Is there a way to disable bottom keys when in standby?

xmguy

Reaction score
This is hear say as I'm getting the Droid X but don't have it yet. I read that the Droid X bottom keys since physical will turn the display on even if display is off. I'm not sure if this was changed in 2.2. But I'd rather my battery not get drained or risk unlocking the phone in my pocket or pocket dialing or somthing. Is this still an issue, can it be blocked or stopped?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the only thing that will wake the screen up is the lock button. Iirc

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The Home button will wake up the screen. Don't know of any way to disable that though...

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
The only buttons that turn the display back on are the home button and the lock/power buttons. I dont think you should even worry about "pocket dialing" because you kinda have pushed pretty hard on the home button. And its a rocker button too so i dont think you should worry about it one bit unless you like to carry a bunch of crap in your pockets with your phone.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
The only buttons that turn the display back on are the home button and the lock/power buttons. I dont think you should even worry about "pocket dialing" because you kinda have pushed pretty hard on the home button. And its a rocker button too so i dont think you should worry about it one bit unless you like to carry a bunch of crap in your pockets with your phone.

Nope just the phone. I was just concerned

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
There are apps to remap keys. But nothing to disable the bottom keys on the X when the phone is in standby. Crazy

vatothe0

Reaction score
There is absolutely no need to.

You're going to manage to pass the home key, swype the screen, access the dialer and call someone all by accident and less than a minute between each action? Not going to happen

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
There is absolutely no need to.

You're going to manage to pass the home key, swype the screen, access the dialer and call someone all by accident and less than a minute between each action? Not going to happen

I just remember my bad issues when I had the Eris. Thanks

homeeey

Reaction score
Too funny about the Eris, my wife just ditched hers for the X. Hoping our 1 year old couldn't figure out how to wake up the X.

Less than 30 seconds, she pushed the home button, then entered silent mode, then unlocked phone.

Can't do the pattern lock, because on that screen there's a speed dial to 911.

If anyone knows if there's a way to disable that button it would be great. I'll start digging.

Thanks

concept3601

Reaction score
The buttons are tough to push. They aren't like other phone buttons... I've never unlocked or dialed accidentally ... don't worry abt it one minute

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App