Is there a way to choose what shows up in the Gallery?

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Is there a way to choose what shows up in the Gallery? I use AppMonster to backup/reinstall apps in between wipes & ROM flashes, but I hate that all of my app thumbnails show up in the Gallery. I also hate that random album art shows up.

andrew0812

Reaction score
I haven't tried it on the GNex but on the OG droid, at least up to Froyo, you could put a .nomedia file in the folder and it would keep the gallery from showing that folder's images. Give that a shot.

OP
B

bgrubb7

Reaction score
No dice on ICS... AppMonster already puts a .nomedia file in there by default.

Artimis

Reaction score
.nomedia should work but sometimes the changes don't stick so you have to either delete the file and recreate it or move all the pics out of that folder and then back in

Also, making the folder itself hidden by starting off the folder name with a "." should work too but may cause complications with the app.....some work fine when you do this and others don't.

OP
B

bgrubb7

Reaction score
The AppMonster directory looks like this: sdcard/appmonster2/backups/.nomedia

I copied and pasted the .nomedia file into sdcard/appmonster2/ and it's working now!
DancingNexus

Thanks!

andrew0812

Reaction score
Sweet. Good to know .nomedia still works. I'll probably need it eventually.

webmastir

Reaction score
QuickPic(a free app), which is a much more sophisticated gallery viewer, allows you you to exclude particular files/folders etc. My fav feature of it by far is when viewing an image in full screen, it'll turn max brightness all the way up(works great under ICS too). This app screams on the Nexus. Should def check it out, IMO.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Wow, never new about the . syntax on folders. Beautiful Widgets Cache folder was showing up with 400+ thumbnails. I made the folder .cache and it's no longer showing!
DancingNexus