Is there a way to block a notification bar but not the icon notification

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
For example weather bug puts the temperature at the top but also shows a status in the drop-down with more info is there a way to lower its priority so it only says running but keeps the temperature on top of the phone?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Latest Android on Z2 force

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
so what is the latest android on the z2 force? It really would help to know for those of us who don't use the phone. Would make it easier to search for an answer

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's 8.1. That's what the Z2 Force is running

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If I turn off notifications for weather then I don't get the temy at the top but I don't want a bar of weather when I pull down the notifications

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I spent some time yesterday and could not find anything about this other than turning off notifications. maybe use another weather app or email the app creator and see if there is a way though the settings.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why not use the widget that came with the phone? It shows current temp in the widgeyand no additional notifications.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Command Center Widget on modern Moto phones has constant temp display and is always in sync (at least very regularly).

What the OP is asking is built into that app. If the app was designed with a Notification bar icon AND a persistent Notification tray notification then it was also either designed with the options to disable those within the app, or it wasn't. There is nothing in native Android to control that. Take the GSSM Battery app as an example. If you install it and do nothing within the apps Settings you end up with an icon in the status bar AND a persistent notification in the Notification tray. It's redundant if you ask me, but maybe some folks like it. In either case that is part of that app, not part of Android itself. Within that apps Settings are options to disable each of those if you want.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Why not use the widget that came with the phone? It shows current temp in the widgeyand no additional notifications.

What weather widge that came with the phone can you screenshot the widge in widgets and show me

Are you talking about about time date and weather widget. Then I would have to reserve a screen for that widget. I just want a notification widget not a screen widget

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, I am talking about the Command Center Widget. It came preinstalled on the phone. But yes, you would need screen space.

The answer lies within the app Settings that is giving you a notification and an icon at the same time. With the lack of responses I would assume no one else uses that app. That app either has Settings to turn those off....or it doesn't. Not sure what else we can say.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the Weather Underground app, and tried turning the notifications off, and it also removed the tiny temp readout up in the status bar.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk