Is there a way to back EVERYTHING up?

BLK

Reaction score
I think its time to take my phone into VZW and try to get a new one. There are just so many minor issues that turn it into a PITA sometimes. Issues that other friends with the same phone dont have. They tell me to try and get a replacement phone.

Anyway the reason why I havent tried yet is because I dont want to have to download all my apps again and get it set up the way I want it since I just recently got it the way I like it. Is there a way that you can back everything up so that I dont have to download all the apps again and tweak the preferances again?

I searched but couldnt really find any firm answers.

dbu

Reaction score
I think its time to take my phone into VZW and try to get a new one. There are just so many minor issues that turn it into a PITA sometimes. Issues that other friends with the same phone dont have. They tell me to try and get a replacement phone.

Anyway the reason why I havent tried yet is because I dont want to have to download all my apps again and get it set up the way I want it since I just recently got it the way I like it. Is there a way that you can back everything up so that I dont have to download all the apps again and tweak the preferances again?

Titanium Backup, but you must be rooted.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Back up the apps? That might be possible but tweak the preferences no way.

If you were to take MyBackupPro and back the apps up to your SD card then put the SD card in your new phone I THINK it might work but I'm not certain.

Let's talk about what your issues are with your Droid. What are all these things that are bugging you, we might be able to help you fix your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That won't back up his tweaked settings.

mauiblue

Reaction score
Yep, personal perferences are not backup up as I found out when I did a hard reset and used my backup file (data and apps from My Backup Pro) to restore my phone. No too much of a hassle but still a small inconvenience.

dbu

Reaction score

That won't back up his tweaked settings.

Ummm, Titanium will back up all your system settings and app data, and will restore it provided you are going back to the same rom. I've done it a million times.

OP
BLK

BLK

Reaction score

Sent from under your mom's bed

Not rooted so this one wont work. Unless I have not seen and there is a Root for Froyo yet.

Let's talk about what your issues are with your Droid. What are all these things that are bugging you, we might be able to help you fix your phone.

I get the Alert that I need to sign in problem and I need to type that stupid word. Look here for when I had that problem

Take forever for it to connect to the mobile network sometimes when wireless isnt present. Seems like after a reboot is when I have this problem the most. But shutting it down and turning it back on usually fixes this sometimes it does not(this only works when it wont connect to the mobile network some other time other than a reboot). Maybe this could be a South Dakota thing but I never had this much problem with my Curve.

Battery life is pretty bad after Froyo update, it wasnt bad before. No task killers being used. Friend at work says he hasnt had any problem with his since and maybe a bit better. I posted about here .

There is more but I cant think of it right off hand. I can update as I think of them or they happen.

OP
BLK

BLK

Reaction score
Forgot to say but just recently I would open up the browser and then shortly after I get to a site it shuts down the browser. Took me like 5 trys just to make this post.

dbu

Reaction score

Not rooted so this one wont work. Unless I have not seen and there is a Root for Froyo yet.

I get the Alert that I need to sign in problem and I need to type that stupid word. Look here for when I had that problem

Take forever for it to connect to the mobile network sometimes when wireless isnt present. Seems like after a reboot is when I have this problem the most. But shutting it down and turning it back on usually fixes this sometimes it does not(this only works when it wont connect to the mobile network some other time other than a reboot). Maybe this could be a South Dakota thing but I never had this much problem with my Curve.

Battery life is pretty bad after Froyo update, it wasnt bad before. No task killers being used. Friend at work says he hasnt had any problem with his since and maybe a bit better. I posted about here .

There is more but I cant think of it right off hand. I can update as I think of them or they happen.

You can root froyo with Unrevoked. Google it.