Is there a way (short-cut key, etc) to turn on security lock in an instant?

gcaginia

Reaction score
Currently in security lock timer i have set to 10 min BUT want the luxury to just press a short cut key to enable security p/w screen without having to change my timer to 1 min, etc

I know in other phones you can press a button and walk away without having to re adjust your security timer each given instance

sionathan

Reaction score
You can quick-click the power button on the top of the phone, and it blanks the screen and reactivates the security lock.

OP
G

gcaginia

Reaction score
You can quick-click the power button on the top of the phone, and it blanks the screen and reactivates the security lock.

(thanks but it only displays the scroll arm to access phone BUT does not engage the "enter password to unlock screen" / force you to enter a pw

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

(thanks but it only displays the scroll arm to access phone BUT does not engage the "enter password to unlock screen" / force you to enter a pw

Im really confused as to why you want to be able to reset the lock instantly but dont want to set the timeout lower... the feature youre asking for is built in.

As far as an icon/widget to enable the timer, I havent seen or heard of any.

kevinkar

Reaction score
A relatively new Droid X user here but I think this is what might work:

Set the Display timer to be 10 minutes (or whatever is convenient) so it goes off when you want it to.
Set the Security Lock Timer to "When Display is Off"

That way, when the screen blanks out in 10 minutes, it's not only off but locked. AND, you can simply press the power button like sionathan suggested which, since the lock comes on "when display is off" it's also immediately locked.

Only thing to worry about is if you put your phone down and don't lock it manually, it will take 10 minutes for the screen to blank and subsequently lock the phone. Just train yourself to always hit the power button when you walk away from the phone.

Otherwise, this is the only way I know of to get the phone to lock immediately with one button push.

I hope this helps,

Kevin

OP
G

gcaginia

Reaction score
you are spot on and this is what i was looking for! and yes i can see how this can be confusing but you hit the head on the nail where as 10 min is good as default (day in and day out) BUT there are times where i want to lock instantly (not after 1 min, etc) while i leave the phone and walk away (at home, etc)----thanks again to you and all!!