Is there a schedule for checking mail

vmaxx

Reaction score
I added my gmail account when I set up the phone. It works, but is there some way to have the phone check for new mail during certain hours. I want to use the phone for an alarm clock, but I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night because I have a new mail message.

Thanks

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can set your phone to vibrate. Then in the alarm app settings check Alarm in silent mode.

Alternatively, you could use the stock email app, and set up your gmail in IMAP. The GMAIL app pushes it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would simply silence the phone when I was going to bed, and like what was mentioned before, set the alarm in its settings to work in silent mode. Then the notifications won't bother you and will be there when you wake, and the alarm will still wake you...:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
V

vmaxx

Reaction score
I would simply silence the phone when I was going to bed, and like what was mentioned before, set the alarm in its settings to work in silent mode. Then the notifications won't bother you and will be there when you wake, and the alarm will still wake you...:D

Ahh, I see silent mode (except media & alarms). I will give it a try. Sounds like a good night sleep!

Thanks to all the suggestions.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahh, I see silent mode (except media & alarms). I will give it a try. Sounds like a good night sleep!

Thanks to all the suggestions.

Just to be clear... silence everything. Then open your alarm, tap.options, settings, at the top of the page you'll see alarm in silent mode. Then you're golden. :) enjoy your sleep!!