Is there a ROM with good battery life?

ntengineer

Reaction score
I've tried a couple Droid 4 ROMs, but not all of them. I'm on CM9 currently. But all seem to suck for battery life. Is there any out there that don't?

Cegal

Reaction score
Instead of looking for a rom that doesn't suck battery life, try experimenting with the HTC thunderbolt lte on/off app. Having it switched to 3g when you don't need the extra speed should almost double your battery life, depending on how often you switch the radio back and forth.

OP
N

ntengineer

Reaction score
I did play with that but it didn't really help. What eats up my battery is "Android OS".

faded1

Reaction score
I have been having pretty good battery life with Droid HD

local444

Reaction score
same, i'm running D4HD without any additional overclocks or underclocks, and the battery lasts me about the day with moderate use.

Mike253

Reaction score
Know what's funny guys? You can run cm10 with the 1200ulv and speedscript flashed on top of it. Then just manually adjust the settings in performance. Hell, that's what I did anyway. One day with pretty damn moderate usage (texting, calling, web browsing on 4g) I got around 14 hours of battery life. In my mind for this phone, that's pretty damn good.

Also on another note, limiting the performance settings for me (may not apply to you, it could be your phone.) Seemed to take more battery life. So now I just let it run loose on 1200 max and I think 400 min with hotplug as the cpu scheduler.

Cegal

Reaction score
I think there was a thread a while back, when the d4 first started shipping, about the OS eating up battery. You might want to look into that. Which puzzles me, on any of the roms I have run or on stock for that matter...OS usually accounts for 10% of my drain. Where as my screen pulls in over 60%. Just a matter of person settings etc. I also use SetCPU to limit my phone. I don't use any scripts or undervolting. I have almost 11 hrs of usage on this cycle and I worked today so there was some heavy usage. My phone just now yelled at me to plug in @ 14%.

4low4fun

Reaction score
If battery life is what you're really after,switch to a RAZR maxx.. I sis and absolutely love it! The screen is big enough to where I don't even miss the physical keyboard.. I've had my phone off the charger for 5 1/2 hours with 80% remaining.

ForumRunner_20130121_120109.png

kenji91

Reaction score
I've played around with EVERYTHING to get better battery life. Some settings I can explain, others I just can't. I've found that the best life I've gotten has been with the following settings.

Eclipse 1.5.2 (can't really say it's better than CM10 or AOKP 4.1, but I like having my phone fully functional)
OC script 1320ulv
Automatic brightness during the day, lowest setting when it gets darker
SmartassV2/sio combination of governor/scheduler
Kernel tweaks (vm.dirty_background_ratio 80%, vm.dirty_expire_centisecs 1000, vm.dirty_ratio 80%, vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs 2000, vm.vfs_cache_pressure 30%)

I also use a battery indicator app that graphs my battery life so I can compare when I make changes.

Ex: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/601325_10151388746998324_1109077924_n.jpg