1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a list of "bad" apps somewhere?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by mitchb2, May 27, 2010.

1. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Before I blame my phone for the problems I'm having, and before I go through the hassle of removing all my apps to troubleshoot the problem, I was wondering if there is a list somewhere of apps that have known issues.

The problems I'm having are unacceptable, so I need to do something.
    The phone gets sluggish to the point that it won't accept input when I try to unlock the screen when I'm getting a call!

Apps randomly force close. Even the phone app.

Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to launch the camera.

Sometimes the GPS turns on, even though I don't have any apps running that should be using it. Worse, the only way to turn it off is to reboot. And even worse still, when I do reboot I get a flood of texts, missed calls, and other notifications that had been sitting in limbo.

Someone told me that Beautiful Widgets is the cause, but there's no proof of that.
  2. djkms

djkms New Member

One thing I noticed with our phones is that the more apps you have installed the more apps you will have open without ever opening them yourself.

Apps that are "bad" will eventually force close. If you are not seeing any apps force close then I would suggest removing any apps which are not important to you.
  3. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Yeah, I went through this weekend and culled a bunch of unimportant apps.
    But something is still causing problems.

This morning I wanted to capture something on video, and the camera just sat there. Wouldn't accept any input and finally force closed.
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Another problem is there may be 2 apps that aren't getting along together. They aren't "bad" in that everyone has a problem, but it's because you have those 2 installed (and not one or the other) that the problems are arising.

Can you give us a list of what you have?
  5. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

6. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

WOW my friend thats a s##t load of apps. i would recommend removing a bunch of the ones you don't use on a daily basis especially ones that can be easily reloaded when you do want it. I honestly think you just have it overloaded. Check your apps that load on boot that is most likely where you have some major conflict.
    By the way I am assuming by the apps you have listed you have not rooted your phone and are on stock 2.1.
    I would say try fast reboot pro but I'm not sure if you have to be rooted to use it.
    My guess if you removed about 30% of the apps you have that you don't use you should be good
  7. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

But...but...I need them all. LOL!

Yeah, I guess I need to think the herd further.
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I've seen some posts where a problem is because of the Task Killer. I see TasKiller free on your list. Try removing that, or try another one. There's an app called System Panel which has a Task Killer, or maybe Advance Task Manger.
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  9. tmaas77572

tmaas77572 New Member

I was recently at Verizon, and the rep told me exactly this same thing. Task Killer was a bad app, causing module corruption in Droids. Get Task Manager. Once I loaded Task Manager and deleted Task Killer, my Droid ran a TON smoother
  10. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Wow, there are a ton of Task Manager apps in the marketplace.
    Any suggestions for the best one?

My Droid is seriously troubled. It's hanging constantly.
  11. tmaas77572

tmaas77572 New Member

I got Advanced Task Killer. Has a blue icon. Blue gear surrounding a blue Droid phone. I think it was a buck in the market. Try it, and see if it helps. You have 24 hours to "return" it for a full refund if it doesn't help you out, but it helped my phone tremendously.

I was experiencing short lived battery life and app hangs before I switched over, and haven't had a problem since. You can even load it as a widget to auto kill all apps.

Let us all know how it worked for you.
  12. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

So, before I download it, does it identify any problematic apps?

My problems are severe. For example, i go to check voice mail, and the phone keypad won't take any input. Then the Verizon voice mail times out. I assume this doesn't happen on iPhone. And I don't like where this is going.

I embraced Android because I hate Apple and have never supported their practices, but now I feel like I have a lab toy that is totally unreliable and unpredictable.
  13. tmaas77572

tmaas77572 New Member

It won't find problem apps that are slowing down your phone. It will show you what apps are running, and how much system resources they are consuming.

Be sure to delete the Taskkiller app first.

Also, I noticed you were running animated themes. Those will kill your battery, plus bog down your phone. I'd delete any animated themes. Yeah, they look cool, but not if they are killing your phone.

Unrar is another one you shouldn't be using on your phone. Can pick up a nasty if you're unraring files on your droid, and it'll kill a phones memory.

Try that. After you delete everything and install the Advanced Task Manager, yank your batter ya do a hard reset. Once your phone boots back up, open Task Manager first and take note of what is shown under the apps tab and the total resources running.

Reload your remaining apps one by one, checking system resources at each load. When you find the one that completely screws your phones memory, that's your culprit.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  14. uscjoel

uscjoel New Member

Helix Launcher bogged my phone down....try Pro Launcher...Hell, it looks rooted its so smooth.
  15. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I think Helix was the problem. I'm still following the other advice above, but Pro Launcher is lightning fast and nothing is lagging or sticking.

The biggest problem I've had is the Droid ignoring input. I've heard Droid owners on podcasts saying the same thing. So I'll keep using Pro Launcher and see how it goes.

Turning off the live wallpaper didn't do it. I ran all day yesterday with a static background and had all the same problems.
  16. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

That guy has 55 apps and you think he has a ****load?? Oh man I'm glad I don't know how to link mine!

Wait I'll see if I can..

Ok no I"m on the same screen but with my apps, but don't know how to make it a link. Anyway it's 101 apps and I'm constantly downloading new ones and uninstalling old ones to try them out just for fun. I have quite afew old ones to uninstall though..

*edit*

oh god I jus resync'd with appsbrain cause I havnt done that in 13 days it said, and it changed. also i found the link:

http://www.appbrain.com/user/PetRiLJoe/apps-on-the-phone
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  17. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Log into AppBrain.com, and over on the right you'll see radio buttons for Public and Private. Check Public, and just below that is "Copy and paste this link."

Come on...let's see it. :)
  18. davidjmorin

davidjmorin New Member

taskmanager

or DL astro adn use their taskmanager.
  19. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

And your phone is running okay?
  20. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Update: My God, my phone is so fast and responsive with Helix gone. It's like a whole new phone. Windows fly open instantly, home screens slide from one to the other with no lag.

So far I haven't had any lack of response. I just got done putting all my Apps Organizer folders on the screen, and everything launches instantly.

Edit: The camera launches immediately. That has NEVER been the case, from day 1. Froyo is really gonna fly.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
Search tags for this page
android apps that are bad for your phone
android bad app list
android bad apps list
bad android app list

bad android apps list

bad apps for android

bad apps for verizon
cocoppa app bad for phone
cocoppa bad for your phone
is cocoppa bad