is there a good lockscreen replacement app?

zero7404

Reaction score
I was being facetious, referring to "bricking" the phone. Once you brick it you can't use it.

dont quite get it .... how would asking for a lockdown app result in a statement about bricking the phone?

cant tell if that comment is in your sig or part of the statement ...

posted via android

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Its a joke...
"is there an app that serves as a complete fone lockdown? ie, when set and locked no one can operate the phone buttons or gain access upon battery pull/restart"

What's another answer to your original question? To Brick your phone.

I apologize if my joke came out wrong.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Its a joke...
"is there an app that serves as a complete fone lockdown? ie, when set and locked no one can operate the phone buttons or gain access upon battery pull/restart"

What's another answer to your original question? To Brick your phone.

I apologize if my joke came out wrong.

lol he searched for "snicker" in the market...and i almost did too lol

exaethier

Reaction score
I tried using WidgetLocker, but discovered (after the aforementioned 15 minute limit) that it really doesn't play well with unlock codes/patterns. More specifically, I have to unlock WidgetLocker, unlock the stock lockscreen and then enter my unlock code/pattern. Does anyone know a way around this double lockscreen behavior, while still requiring an unlock code/pattern?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bicycleray

Reaction score
Try GoTo, it's currently my favorite because you get quick links to sms, phone and gmail and it tells you you have a message and how many. But it is not free, I still recommend it. My only issue is the look is kinda blah

Sent from my Droid X

tnronin

Reaction score
Can the goto app be test driven? I'm not keen to pay for something like that w/o trying it. And 15mins isn't enough time IMHO.

Sent from my Droid

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
VZW should have cut the try out time to like 12 hours not 15min or maybe atleast give the user like an hour.

Sent from my rooted D2

bicycleray

Reaction score
Can the goto app be test driven? I'm not keen to pay for something like that w/o trying it. And 15mins isn't enough time IMHO.

Sent from my Droid

There is not a lite version to test. But I did find a one to try out by searching for a apk file but they update it do much that it's worth buying.

Also Google is in control of the purchases not VZW.

Sent from my DROIDX

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Yea, Google irritated the crap out of me with the decrease from 24 hours to 15 minutes

Remember the conversation when 8pen was being tried out? How can you get used to an entirely different way to enter text in 15 minutes?