Is there a fix to the phone idle and stand by draining the battery?

WRXtra

Reaction score
Ive had my Bionic for about 4 days now and cant seam to get the battery to last more than 8-10 hours im sick of having to charge it twice a day even with very moderate use. Ive turned off 4g lte, wifi, bluetooth, GPS location, background apps data, screen brightness set at around 15-20%, it runs on the bear minimum but my cell standby is at 45% and my and phone idle is at 40%, this cant be normal is there something im missing to fix this problem?

Endoroid

Reaction score
As I understand it, the latest software update for the d3 has fixed. I also believe that the bionic is essentially the same phone, have you checked that you are running the latest software

Sent from my rooted xt860

mikespe

Reaction score
I just started using Juice Defender today from the market and while the jury is still out on it's effectiveness I noticed it seems like it slowed down the battery drain. However just in case I have the extended battery due in from FedEx tomorrow! :)

OP
WRXtra

WRXtra

Reaction score
i use ATK and have it set to kill all apps when screen is turned off and kill all app thats idle for more than 2 min but maybe ill try that Juice defender and see if that helps

Endoroid

Reaction score
Auto task killing actually drains your battery, as that app now has to restart itself, and then gets killed again, then restarts. Its an endless cycle. I rooted and removed(renamed to be precise, so it doesn't run) all the bloat that was running itself and my battery life seems to have improved a bit, although its still to recent to tell for sure

Sent from my rooted xt860