Is there a fix for the music player starting up when mini jack is removed?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Cubed ("3") as well on Sapphire with black bar, no issues.

In fact while looking at this thread I plugged in a headset, turned on the music, then pulled the plug, 3 paused, that was all, stock player didn't start, and if I hit play at that poiint, then of course 3 would play out the speakers.

Sorry I couldn't reproduce for you on mine.

flarky

Reaction score
I have had it happen twice. Both times I was listening to a newscasts with the NPR application (not streaming a station).

I just tried it and it is repeatable. Here is what I did:
1. Launch NPR application
2. Picked a news story
3. Pressed power button to turn off screen
4. After NPR stopped playing unplug headphone
5. Once unplugged the music app launches in the background and starts playing
6. Plugged headphones back in and unplugged headphones, did not pause music player.
7. No music player in the notification area... opened music player and manually stopped it.

OP
S

sul7en

Reaction score
I use Cubed ("3") as well on Sapphire with black bar, no issues.

In fact while looking at this thread I plugged in a headset, turned on the music, then pulled the plug, 3 paused, that was all, stock player didn't start, and if I hit play at that poiint, then of course 3 would play out the speakers.

Sorry I couldn't reproduce for you on mine.

Start playing something using Music.apk pause it, fire up cubed, let it run and after your home screen has locked randomly pull the headphone jack. Intermittently your Music.apk app with start playing.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow. But that begs the question, I never touched my stock player so far ...

Thoraldus

Reaction score
I can confirm the issue occurs on my Droid 1 running stock Sapphire 1.0.0. I downloaded Music Mod ver 1.8 by Eliot Stocker from the Market and disabled the stock music player. Didn't fix the problem. I have found that using the "Fast Reboot" app after playing music will temporarily fix the issue for me.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I had the same issue when using Google Listen. I re-enabled stagefright and the issue has stopped so far for me.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
I had the same issue when using Google Listen. I re-enabled stagefright and the issue has stopped so far for me.

This works for me also. Went in with Root Explorer and edited build.prop to enable stagefright.

I was in a city council meeting Wednesday when this 'feature' bit me. The council members heard the Beatles singing ...

"The best thing in life is free
But you can give it to the birds an' bees
I need some money, Need some money. Oh yeah, what I want"

... before I could figure out what was going on. :icon_eek:

Wraith

Reaction score
I thought I was going insane.....thanks for this post.

Yup, I can confirm it is a (minor) issue for me. I use Mixzing as my primary player, and this only started to happen when I accidentally used the stock music player to play a song and switched back to Mixzing...the stock music player starts when I unplug my droid from the car dock 3.5mm jack.

I noticed that killing the stock music player was the source, and have been trying to figure out why it was doing that!

If this is the worst Sapphire does for me....no big deal.

I have tried to let the song play to the end, assuming it might "fix" this as previously it was working it's way through the song and pausing. I am guessing that will work....as there will be nothing left to play!

BullDroid

Reaction score
This has happened to me also! I was using Aonlineradio streaming and I have it plugged into some computer speakers while listening. Went to unplug the speakers from my phone so I could go to lunch and my stock music player started blaring metal! I look at the widget and it says nothing is playing... so I opened up the music app and sure enough it was playing and had to hit pause. Not sure what's going on here but I would not call this a "minor" issue. Can be very embarrassing in certain situations im sure!

*EDIT* Got to thinking about it and A Online Radio has never "paused" for me before when pulling my headphones out, it always just keeps playing. However Pandora on the other hand does pause when unplugged. So I'm thinking if whatever you are listening too doesn't pause or is done playing, then the "pause" signal that is sent out when you unplug your headphones I guess sends a signal to the stock music app to start "playing"? I may be way off base but it kinda makes sense. Just tried pulling out the jack with Pandora playing and it just paused Pandora and didnt start my music app.

solution

Reaction score
Today I blasted Death Metal through a Fortune 50 meeting when I disconnected my headphones from my phone. This is so aggravating, I nadroided back to BB and ditched Sapphire. I can't have this thing starting up music every time something is unplugged, It's bad enough in the car but this crossed the line.
I've spent a few days researching and trying all sorts of different attempts to fix it but w/ no luck. Am I missing something? Thx

Lol why where you listening to music during a meeting? That's too funny.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pushdrops

Reaction score
Sapphire 1.1 corrects this issue

upgraded to 1.1 Sapphire - this issue has been fixed (at least for me)

natemail

Reaction score
How'd you do it?

I got so P.O because i was at the movies and i forgot to turn off my music so i flip open my droid turn it off pull my head phones then it starts blaring music i got thrown out... when i got home i just ripped out the music player and went to lithium player problem solved.

How did you get rid of the stock music player. I'm in agreement that it is the biggest pain the in ass about my phone right now.