Is there a fix for the music player starting up when mini jack is removed?

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by sul7en, Aug 18, 2010.

1. sul7en

sul7en New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today I blasted Death Metal through a Fortune 50 meeting when I disconnected my headphones from my phone. This is so aggravating, I nadroided back to BB and ditched Sapphire. I can't have this thing starting up music every time something is unplugged, It's bad enough in the car but this crossed the line.
    I've spent a few days researching and trying all sorts of different attempts to fix it but w/ no luck. Am I missing something? Thx

2. cc2iscool

cc2iscool New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What application are you using for your music?

3. pushdrops

pushdrops Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes - happens to me too. Every time I use Google Listen I plug in a set of stereo speakers using the mini headphone jack and whenever I remove the speaker cable from the headphone jack the default music player (default android music app) begins playing thru the Droid's ext speaker when the cable is removed (same thing if i'm using headphones - anything that's plugged into the mini phone jack and removed causes default music app to play)

So other day it really drew the line for me too - i was playing a podcast via Listen thru the external speakers, the phone rang - i unplugged the speakers to answer the call on my Droid and the music app began playing as soon as i unplugged the speakers from the phones jack and the music app playing thru the Droid's speaker at full blast - the person on the end of the call, all they could hear is the music being played while i tried to stop it they hung up - it was an important call from the Dr. , so that wasn't too good ...

Today I used Listen and when I unplugged the speakers from the phones jack the music app for the 1st time did NOT play. So i'm not sure what causes the glitch but it's done it every time i've hooked up speakers or headphones and removed the cable until today, so maybe the glitch is over - but since you have it too, i doubt it - i wasn't even going to post until i saw that you posted - i didn't feel like explaining it figuring that if i didn't see others report the issue i was the only one ...

4. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i still have never once had this happen to me. i plug/unplug my car jack twice a day. i am using eliot stocker mod with lock screen controls disabled. still don't get why it is NOT happening.

5. Jejackson

Jejackson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think what happens is when you unplug it sends a pause signal, and if your not listening to the stock player it just begins playing because pause and play are the same command. I've been using 'cubed' music player and in the car when I unplug the analog cord cubed pauses and the stock player begins to play. I think the solution is to some how remove the stock music player if you don't use it. I read you can do this with adb, but I've never used this so I will have to do some personal research and post my results.

6. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The problem is/has been discussed here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/67707-weird-music-player-bug.html

I already submitted a bug report to the devs of Sapphire.

I can't remember exactly, but I think it has something to do with the Elliot Mod (?) music app. No guarantees but I removed the stock music player and the issue subsided...for me anyway. Your results may vary.

7. Jejackson

Jejackson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after a couple hours and no skill with adb I was unsuccessful at removing the stock music app, not sure where I went wrong, but with less than a minute with root explorer I renamed the music.API in system/app to music.apk.bak (anything other than what it is). The problem was instantly solved since the phone can't run the app now, it doesn't even show up in the launcher.

8. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got so P.O because i was at the movies and i forgot to turn off my music so i flip open my droid turn it off pull my head phones then it starts blaring music i got thrown out... when i got home i just ripped out the music player and went to lithium player problem solved.

9. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry, but that's funny.

10. sul7en

sul7en New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I listen to Subsonic mostly and when I disconnect the mini jack the music app fires up on its own. I have tried 6 different Music.apk versions. I uninstalled the music app but I was having problems listen to my v-mail via youmail so I need music.apk installed. Why is this listed as a "Minor" bug? This is a huge issue, a total deal breaker.

11. sul7en

sul7en New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah,today I have a new crowd of friends at work.

12. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It must have sucked at the time, and honestly I'm not trying to be a dick but I couldn't help but laugh at the opening sentence. :)