Is there a desire launcher for .7

mootsucks

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to stick with JRummy's .7 (moved from BB), but can anyone post a link that just gives me the desire launcher with functional buttons (or a home replacement with the desire theme, im currently using the helix launcher with the 4 dots).

Thanks! :reddroid:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can download the desire theme right over top of .7 and it should work. You can find it in rom manager if you have that installed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the right desire theme, I see a few on this forum and I hate the rom manager / clockwork :p

I don't know which one to use / what method to install it, thanks!

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score
Backing up with CM takes 10x longer and you cannot choose which parts to back up. There is nothing wrong with the other so it seems stupid to switch to something that takes longer for no benefit.

Alex K.

Reaction score
Backing up with CM takes 10x longer and you cannot choose which parts to back up. There is nothing wrong with the other so it seems stupid to switch to something that takes longer for no benefit.

CM is a lot faster now, Koush updates it almost 2-3 times a week.

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score
Updating it a lot doesn't really make it better, the underlining fact is that sprecovery works perfectly fine and I don't want to have to update clockwork 2-3 times a week to get something sub-par. Unless there is a significant feature that I have missed, I will stick with SP (although I do like some parts of cyanogen so Ill probably stick with Jrummy's rom for a while!)

Alex K.

Reaction score
Updating it a lot doesn't really make it better, the underlining fact is that sprecovery works perfectly fine and I don't want to have to update clockwork 2-3 times a week to get something sub-par. Unless there is a significant feature that I have missed, I will stick with SP (although I do like some parts of cyanogen so Ill probably stick with Jrummy's rom for a while!)

I like the extra preferences in apps, that is probably the main reason I love Cyanogen, other than that, and I praise this viciously, the rounded status bar!

Alex K.

Reaction score
what rounded status bar?! Am I missing something?!? lol

Go from stock to Cyanogen. The stock one has a square status bar (with the battery and stuff) and Cyanogen one is rounded at the top two corners. It feels fresh and webOS-ey.

Reaction score
I am also not familiar with this rounded status bar you speak of. Maybe jrummy changes this? it seems to me that this would be something he'd keep around.

B

budmonster

I'm out of the loop, I apologize lol, but what ROM currently has the HTC sense (Desire) launcher w/ functional buttons? I've been looking for something like this for awhile, since Zeusdroid has yet to come out with a stable Desire ROM.

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score
I have the same question, and is it possible to get it on jrummy's?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm out of the loop, I apologize lol, but what ROM currently has the HTC sense (Desire) launcher w/ functional buttons? I've been looking for something like this for awhile, since Zeusdroid has yet to come out with a stable Desire ROM.

I used ROM Manager to partition my sd card with a 512 ext and a 256mb swap then just flashed back to SP Recovery and I am running Zeusdroids Desire ROM as a daily rom...it works perfect and I just turn off data if I need to make a call....just letting you know....

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same question, and is it possible to get it on jrummy's?

The only way i've seen is to flash the xHero theme off of ROM Manager over JRummy's remix...I did and it was rethemed but the launcher isn't really all that cool and you can't customize or set options for it...your almost better off just getting GDE and the Hero theme on that...way more options and included widgets....