Is there a button that acts as an "Enter" button while texting?

itslikecody

Reaction score
I just got my Droid today, haven't been able to find an enter button to make my text jump down to the next line.
Anyone know how to do this?

Anonymouse

Reaction score
You mean the button on the keyboard that goes down then to the left doesn't work? Cause that's what I use.

Guchi

Reaction score
^^^ yep thats the "enter" button

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Oh, you're probably using the stock messaging app. Use handcent, it's loads better.

Zac7

Reaction score
In order to use enter to move to the next line you will have to go to preferences in the messaging app and uncheck enter to send text.

Guchi

Reaction score
huh not on mine??? i use handcent and it functions how you want it to

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You mean the button on the keyboard that goes down then to the left doesn't work? Cause that's what I use.

LOL

Hope you enjoying your phone cody, and give it some time. If you are coming from another os you will be tempted to ditch it, but give it some time to get the old os tendencies out and get use to a different os.

tktouch12

Reaction score
In order to use enter to move to the next line you will have to go to preferences in the messaging app and uncheck enter to send text.

i would really like to know too. is this in the default messaging app? because i dont see preferences, there's settings, but i dont see that key in there?

Guchi

Reaction score
get Handcent from the market. it is a much better texting app then disable all options in the stock sms app

Zac7

Reaction score
My fault my instructions were for handcent. I kinda forgot about the stock messaging app. Handcent let's you set a short key for sending a sms. Its settings not preferences. Sorry guys on that one.

Guchi

Reaction score
Menu > Settings > applications > manage applications

tktouch12

Reaction score
the thing is, i have so much secondary stuff running on my phone already, the messaging app is like the only native thing i still use, and i dont want to give it up too, for some weird reason.
like i have 2.1 apps, and i use a ton of apps from the market, idk. i might get handcent if its really that much better