Is there a app i need to scan these images?

bossmansmith

Reaction score
Those are QR codes (2d bar codes).

You can use barcode scanner or shopshavy to scan those (amongst other apps i'm sure)

OP
B

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the fast reply!

Also this new droid kicks ASS!

pcandroid

Reaction score
Those codes are the best they makes things alot easier.

OP
B

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
what does that mean? Do i need to hold it for a min? cause after about 20 seconds it still doesnt read it.

OP
B

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
lol the app just crashed my phone ;_;. cant figure it out.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Maybe try a little longer, make sure theres no glare. and make sure that the bar code is the main focus of the scanner.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what does that mean? Do i need to hold it for a min? cause after about 20 seconds it still doesnt read it.
Shouldn't take that long but it sounds like you're having other problems. If you're scanning real world bar codes make sure they're well lit.

stainedskin1982

Reaction score
the program I use is simply called barcode scanner. Its a free app in the marketplace and its icon is a barcode with a red "scanner". It works very well and you dont actually have to activate your cam. you just start the app, it automatically opens the cam with a red bar through the viewer and autofocuses and snaps a shot when it has read the code. it then tells you what the image has as well as offers to go to websites or apps listed in the qr code. It works really well and Ive never had a single problem.
Hope this helps!