Is the X truly a "pocket" phone?

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
My last phone (blackberry storm:icon_evil:) basically HAD to be used with a holster. It had scratch issues and dust behind the screen issues on top of all its other issues.

I see alot of people mentioning the "hump" on the X is good for pulling the phone out of a pant pocket. My question is simple. Do you guys think the Droid X could handle being in a pocket without worrying about scratches etc.?

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
only 5 hours so far but i see absolutely no reason why not. thats what i do.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I dont see why not, just make sure it is the ONLY item if that pocket. Done my droid that way since december and no issues yet.

bastosero

Reaction score
My last phone (blackberry storm:icon_evil:) basically HAD to be used with a holster. It had scratch issues and dust behind the screen issues on top of all its other issues.

I see alot of people mentioning the "hump" on the X is good for pulling the phone out of a pant pocket. My question is simple. Do you guys think the Droid X could handle being in a pocket without worrying about scratches etc.?

The Droid X has a glass screen (most likely Gorilla Glass - the same with the Droid). Even regular glass does not scratch easily. Glass is more prone to shattering due to its brittleness. Now, Gorilla Glass is chemically enhanced to be less brittle so that it does not shatter as easily as regular glass. So to answer your question, no, it will not be scratched on the glass screen part of the phone, but the metal or plastic parts might be affected depending on what you have in your pockets. I hope that helps a bit. :)

ccartertn

Reaction score
Been in and out of my pocket all day (since 8:15) - no problems yet. I did wear some baggier shorts today though!

I was anxious about this too. What I've noticed is that its usually in my car console (may get a mobile dock eventually) or on my desk (may get a dock for that too). The calls I have had today when it was in my pocket, I have been able to "whip it out" and answer with no problem. Also, I was able to disable a ring while it was in my pocket while I was talking with someone face to face.

CC

zook_b

Reaction score
It fits in my pocket better than my Droid did. Being a fat kid I think how thin it is helps because of my legs being big. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fecurtis

Reaction score

Ah a S1 owner...I hated the dust issue...luckily the Storm 2 fixed that.

Anyway, the chrome bezel on the edge of the Storms made them scratch easily against keys and whatever was in your pocket. The material on the Droid X seems very solid so I doubt it'd scratch easily.

However...I could see the battery cover getting scratched relatively easily so I'd make sure you keep it away from things like keys.

Goodkat

Reaction score
Can't give anecdotal evidence of how it fits in a pocket because mine is still being shipped, but in the past 2 years I've had 2 iphones, a droid, and a storm 1; I always keep my phone in my left pocket with nothing else, and I've never had a scratched screen.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I always wear bowling shirts with two front pockets. The Droid X fits perfectly in there. I LOVE the hump! I thought I was gonna dislike it, but it's actually a smart design feature. Makes it easy to grab the X and take it out of my pocket...

hoax

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and wearing standard jeans. Right now my Droid X is comfortably sitting in my left front pocket along with a pack of cigs.

Seven71ne

Reaction score
Everybody that has played with my phone asks the same question "How does it feel when its in your pocket?" then i let them find out for them selfs, and they agree with me when i say, its like a regular phone, only hella thin!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
It feels smaller in my pocket than it does in my hand. Kind of weird. It's not as big/noticeable in my pocket as I thought it would be. The hump = win.

ffej89

Reaction score
I work construction so i always use invisible shield and never have a problem. As far as the phone size, I have a Evo and at first it seemed a little big but now when i pick up my old phone it seems so tiny. After a few weeks pick up your old phone and you'll laugh. With all our droid phones can do now it just seem like the natural progression of things to get a little bigger.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I love the fit, even in tighter jeans it slides in perfectly fine, I just have a small fear of the screen getting scratched by some lint or sand in my pocket, but i HATE screen protectors, I dont like the feel of them. But man I love the size of this phone, Im not even a big guy (5'7'' Average hands)

Now if only I had time to sit down and play with this thing lol

erinsarah

Reaction score
scratched droid x screen

Can I say that everyone is saying how the droid screen will nto scratch easily.. etc etc etc... I JUST got to work and lokoed at my screen adn there is 1 line of 3 tiny scratched in it. NO IDEA what did it, as I'm uber careful wtih it wherever I go. I dont put it near my keys.. it may have been the zipper from a shirt that i layed on my bed lastnight.. no clue. Does anyone knwo fi there is some sort of screen warranty or anything? or how I could get this fixed ro what I could do? I WILL not be buying a screen protector since my screen scratched so easily. VZW told me not to bother with a protector either because of the gorilla glass.