Is the X truly a "pocket" phone?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sonicxtacy02, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sonicxtacy02

sonicxtacy02 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My last phone (blackberry storm:icon_evil:) basically HAD to be used with a holster. It had scratch issues and dust behind the screen issues on top of all its other issues.

I see alot of people mentioning the "hump" on the X is good for pulling the phone out of a pant pocket. My question is simple. Do you guys think the Droid X could handle being in a pocket without worrying about scratches etc.?

2. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    only 5 hours so far but i see absolutely no reason why not. thats what i do.

3. Chris-pee

Chris-pee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont see why not, just make sure it is the ONLY item if that pocket. Done my droid that way since december and no issues yet.

4. bastosero

bastosero Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The Droid X has a glass screen (most likely Gorilla Glass - the same with the Droid). Even regular glass does not scratch easily. Glass is more prone to shattering due to its brittleness. Now, Gorilla Glass is chemically enhanced to be less brittle so that it does not shatter as easily as regular glass. So to answer your question, no, it will not be scratched on the glass screen part of the phone, but the metal or plastic parts might be affected depending on what you have in your pockets. I hope that helps a bit. :)

5. ccartertn

ccartertn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been in and out of my pocket all day (since 8:15) - no problems yet. I did wear some baggier shorts today though!

I was anxious about this too. What I've noticed is that its usually in my car console (may get a mobile dock eventually) or on my desk (may get a dock for that too). The calls I have had today when it was in my pocket, I have been able to "whip it out" and answer with no problem. Also, I was able to disable a ring while it was in my pocket while I was talking with someone face to face.

CC

6. zook_b

zook_b Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It fits in my pocket better than my Droid did. Being a fat kid I think how thin it is helps because of my legs being big. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7. fecurtis

fecurtis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah a S1 owner...I hated the dust issue...luckily the Storm 2 fixed that.

Anyway, the chrome bezel on the edge of the Storms made them scratch easily against keys and whatever was in your pocket. The material on the Droid X seems very solid so I doubt it'd scratch easily.

However...I could see the battery cover getting scratched relatively easily so I'd make sure you keep it away from things like keys.

8. Goodkat

Goodkat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't give anecdotal evidence of how it fits in a pocket because mine is still being shipped, but in the past 2 years I've had 2 iphones, a droid, and a storm 1; I always keep my phone in my left pocket with nothing else, and I've never had a scratched screen.

9. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always wear bowling shirts with two front pockets. The Droid X fits perfectly in there. I LOVE the hump! I thought I was gonna dislike it, but it's actually a smart design feature. Makes it easy to grab the X and take it out of my pocket...

10. hoax

hoax New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm 5'10" and wearing standard jeans. Right now my Droid X is comfortably sitting in my left front pocket along with a pack of cigs.

11. Seven71ne

Seven71ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everybody that has played with my phone asks the same question "How does it feel when its in your pocket?" then i let them find out for them selfs, and they agree with me when i say, its like a regular phone, only hella thin!

12. RolandDeschain

Ratings:
    +0
    It feels smaller in my pocket than it does in my hand. Kind of weird. It's not as big/noticeable in my pocket as I thought it would be. The hump = win.

Search tags for this page

droid x2 fit in pocket

droid x2 fit pocket
will droid ultra fit in pockets
will the moto x fit in my pocket?