Is the Razr Screen better/brighter then the Htc Rezound?

thrgk

Reaction score
I just got my rezound, however, now im seeing that the razr will prolly get more roms then the rezound will, and that the razr has better battery life. I want the one with the best screen though. Is the rezound that phone, is is the razr better with the armold screen? Did someone have both phones, if hey did, can you tell me which you liked better and why?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
The RAZRs screen has its drawbacks, most noticeably when you are looking for them really. That said, to my eye the RAZR screen looks better, has sharper, more vivid colors, despite some of its shortcomings like less pixel density. Ultimately you'll need to go look at them yourself to decide, but some online comparisons may help.

This video shows them side by side, going through benchmark tests. When showing the 3d images on screen the RAZR looks much better to me: [video=youtube;OU4V7kLV7hc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4V7kLV7hc[/video]

tc1

Reaction score
The razr will be brighter and more colorful.

The rezound will be higher resolution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Does razr support GSM? like ATT? Also, how do u put the sim/memory card in if you cant take the cover off? and is razr the faster/longer lasting battery?

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
if razr supports gsm, i think i will return my rezound and buy the razr, because its thinner, lighter, gsm capable, and wins in benchmarks, and will have many more roms then the htc rezound will ever have, if it ever is able to be rooted lol

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Does razr support GSM? like ATT? Also, how do u put the sim/memory card in if you cant take the cover off? and is razr the faster/longer lasting battery?
RAZR is CDMA/LTE only. Sim and Memory card go into a slot under a trapdoor on the side. Battery life is really good considering it has a 4G radio in it. I'm on 13 hours off battery right now and at 79% charge left. My old D1 would have been on the charger at least once today by now.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
do ppl prefer rezound or razr for the most part?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I think each group of owners will have a bit of bias there...

I had heavily considered going with the Rezound myself but that darned HTC Sense UI just really kills it for me.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
wont u get rid of the ui sense when a rom comes out?

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Since it seems like you are going to root and rom your phone I would get the Galaxy Nexus. It will get more roms and kernels then both phones. The screen is also really good.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why the OP thinks the RAZR will get more roms than the the Rezound... Did HTC go back on their bootloader policy? Or is it a popularity thing? At this point it can't be a popularity thing...they both just came out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Well razr seems closer of getting a ROM then the rezound. Also the razr bears the rezound even with a slower cpu and probably shows movie better or no?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt say the chip in the RAZR beats the Rezound (some may say it and do say it...lol) ....but....at 1.5Ghz I would think the Rezound would be a bigger difference in benchmarks and performance. Benchmarks will be a crap shoot since the screen res is higher on the Rezound. That more times than not effects benchmarks, depending on some things. I am running a live wallpaper that I heard made some phones lag and sluggish or the live wallpaper was lagging. So far havent really seen it on my RAZR. I think I'm running the same live wallpaper....not really sure.

If anything...I would say the chips in the RAZR, Bionic and G Nex are no slouch. And I dont keep up with other phones I'm not really interested in too much. So I dont know too much about the Rezound. The ROM things is a surprise to me, since the RAZR has the encrypted bootloader.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wouldnt say the chip in the RAZR beats the Rezound (some may say it and do say it...lol) ....but....at 1.5Ghz I would think the Rezound would be a bigger difference in benchmarks and performance. Benchmarks will be a crap shoot since the screen res is higher on the Rezound. That more times than not effects benchmarks, depending on some things. I am running a live wallpaper that I heard made some phones lag and sluggish or the live wallpaper was lagging. So far havent really seen it on my RAZR. I think I'm running the same live wallpaper....not really sure.

If anything...I would say the chips in the RAZR, Bionic and G Nex are no slouch. And I dont keep up with other phones I'm not really interested in too much. So I dont know too much about the Rezound. The ROM things is a surprise to me, since the RAZR has the encrypted bootloader.

Rexound has a 1.5Ghz dual-core processor, but it's underclocked to 1.2Ghz, essentially performing on par with the Razr from a processor speed perspective. In real benchmark comparisons (like the one from SmartKeiTai inserted in the videos above), it actually underperforms against the Razr. Also, just as the video shows, the Razr has a higher contrast ratio (darker blacks, brighter colors), so it generally looks better overall, yet it does have a slightly lower resolution. The distance at which you use the phone will dictate whether the difference in resolution is visible to you or not. For me, it's just as clear as the Rezound, and with better color and contrast, as well as better performance, not to mention being DAMN SEXY, I'll take the Razr over the Rezound.