Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
i dont understand why you would want to do that?

Ok I will stay on 2.1 rooted until 2.2 is rooted so I don't have to get a rooted 2.2 rom.

I'm not in to the custom rom deals. I just recently rooted my Droid. I'm ok with the stock vanilla Google OS feel. Vs others I've seen. I just want to install apps that require SU access.

On a side note does ANYONE know if 2.2 will ENABLE the supposed FM Radio on the Droid 1?

XM,

I would say with about 99.99% certainty no. The ones released do not have it, and the release notes in the op make no mention. I have been following the FM since day one, and while the Droid does have the necessary chipset, we got no drivers. All attempts to date to make it work have failed, and there have been a few. I would trade flash for real FM radio.

Craig

Josefius

Reaction score
Sweet, I can't wait. I look forward to moving all the apps over to the SD card and I hope they fixed the flaky USB connectivity with Windows 7 64 Ultimate.

xmguy

Reaction score
I heard rumors that the Droid had some multi chip set that supported the Fm radio. It just wasn't included.

i think it was only the droid x that had fm module or whatever i may be wrong though

I'm not in to the custom rom deals. I just recently rooted my Droid. I'm ok with the stock vanilla Google OS feel. Vs others I've seen. I just want to install apps that require SU access.

On a side note does ANYONE know if 2.2 will ENABLE the supposed FM Radio on the Droid 1?

xmguy

Reaction score

XM,

I would say with about 99.99% certainty no. The ones released do not have it, and the release notes in the op make no mention. I have been following the FM since day one, and while the Droid does have the necessary chipset, we got no drivers. All attempts to date to make it work have failed, and there have been a few. I would trade flash for real FM radio.

Craig

I know this is a bit off topic. But I know the Droid X dunp had the Fm Radio. I've heard reports that people are working on porting this over. Any truth to that? Thanks!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hope we get a new/update baseband with this rom. 3g/1g been buggy last few leaks

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

I'm going to speculate and say that is more than likely the case that we will get a new baseband.

Sent from my Droid

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope we get a new/update baseband with this rom. 3g/1g been buggy last few leaks

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

I'm going to speculate and say that is more than likely the case that we will get a new baseband.

Sent from my Droid

I haven't been told if thats gonna happen. Though I expect a d/l link as soon as possible so we will find out soon

pappy53

Reaction score
I just used RSD Lite to go back to stock 2.0.1. Now,when I check for updates, it says my system is up to date. Why doesn't it show that 2.1 is available? And where can I get 2.1, as I'm afraid that Froyo will not be available if I have 2.0.1.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what I love most about this forum, the fact that I can google talk with my friend who runs a VZW store in Hampton Roads, Virginia and tell him about the upcoming phones and updates and it's the first he has heard of it. You guys are always on top of things between this forum and droid-life it almost takes any speculation out of the scenario, haha.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just used RSD Lite to go back to stock 2.0.1. Now,when I check for updates, it says my system is up to date. Why doesn't it show that 2.1 is available? And where can I get 2.1, as I'm afraid that Froyo will not be available if I have 2.0.1.

give it a chance. 2.1 will come available and if by chance it doesn't 2.2 will still come to you via OTA

TooRiski

Reaction score
it took a night for me the last time i did that about a couple of months back

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

notamamasboy

Reaction score
Do you think along with the 2.2 release that Flash hardware acceleration will be released with it? I just remember that it was something I was looking forward to, but have slowly forgotten about... As a matter of fact, I don't even know if its something we're still waiting for...

tonytj

Reaction score
Im hoping someone will get their hands on the update.zip for this. I have been debating on wether or not to install one of the rooted 2.2 roms but I'm going to wait until someone builds a rom off of the newest update.

xmguy

Reaction score
Im hoping someone will get their hands on the update.zip for this. I have been debating on wether or not to install one of the rooted 2.2 roms but I'm going to wait until someone builds a rom off of the newest update.

I am wanting 2.2. But I'd like a fresh rooted version. Not a rom. Plus not all 2.2 roms are stable now.