Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?

hookerdj

Reaction score
you have been able to install apps to the sd since 2.1 rooted i think 2.2 you can install to the sd non rooted

xmguy

Reaction score

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Good enough for me, I don't have to tear up yet. I would have thought that Verizon would have touted it it in their list of "Improvements", but I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they don't consider it important enough to be there.

hookerdj

Reaction score
im almost positive but i dont think you can root 2.2 you can get a version of 2.2 already rooted

i dont understand what you are asking?

I'm confused? I know once I changed the bootloader I can't get the OTA update. I'm gessing there will be a "custom" 2.2?

How can I GET the 2.2 update. Then once I get it how can I root it ONLY. Not get a rooted rom. But root 2.2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you have been able to install apps to the sd since 2.1 rooted i think 2.2 you can install to the sd non rooted

I had to use terminal emulator to get the apps That are currently installed to the SD card. All new apps I'm installing do install to the SD card. Running the version of froyo on the front page.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yep Cyanagen made sure we could do that a while ago. Now 2.2 it is native

xmguy

Reaction score

hookerdj

Reaction score

hookerdj

Reaction score
can you please explain a little further in detail what and why yoou are looking for?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
methinks this thread is gonna get really ugly with confusion. I have been running Pete's or P3's deodexed frg01b since it came out. The files should be the same for the most part, as both P3 and Pete got the file from the same source. As far as I can tell it has all of the features listed in the doc on the op. Although VZW has not tested the remote lock on me yet ;^). Maybe if I torrent some, they will........And I think the pdf word document thing works now, as the last time I opened a doc the phone asked me whether to use the native app or my Doc's to Go.

As to the aps to/on sd, the feature or ability is native to the rom/release, but it is up to the individual apps/dev as to whether they will work from the sd card. I have a few there and they work just fine. They went straight to the sd card when I redownloaded market after installing FRG01b. I have not seen a switch to control whether they go there automatically (as we have in one or more of the custom roms), but you can easily move them back and forth in settings/applications/running or all.

You can find the odexed and deodexed versions in Pete's (Bugless) rom area, or link back to MyDroidWorld to P3's from a post here in the news section, a few pages back.

Craig

bodean

Reaction score
I hope we get a new/update baseband with this rom. 3g/1g been buggy last few leaks

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

xmguy

Reaction score
i dont understand why you would want to do that?

Ok I will stay on 2.1 rooted until 2.2 is rooted so I don't have to get a rooted 2.2 rom.

im almost positive but i dont think you can root 2.2 you can get a version of 2.2 already rooted

I'm not in to the custom rom deals. I just recently rooted my Droid. I'm ok with the stock vanilla Google OS feel. Vs others I've seen. I just want to install apps that require SU access.

On a side note does ANYONE know if 2.2 will ENABLE the supposed FM Radio on the Droid 1?

hookerdj

Reaction score
i think it was only the droid x that had fm module or whatever i may be wrong though

i dont understand why you would want to do that?

Ok I will stay on 2.1 rooted until 2.2 is rooted so I don't have to get a rooted 2.2 rom.

I'm not in to the custom rom deals. I just recently rooted my Droid. I'm ok with the stock vanilla Google OS feel. Vs others I've seen. I just want to install apps that require SU access.

On a side note does ANYONE know if 2.2 will ENABLE the supposed FM Radio on the Droid 1?