Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?

swallman

Reaction score

Tell me, what are some practical (or even just plain fun) uses for turning your android phone into a hot spot? Tethering, I understand, you can use your phone's internet connectivity on your laptop, but why a mobile hotspot? Simply to do the same thing on more than one laptop?

Here's a "real world" recent experience that I had. Was down at my mother-in-laws a few weeks ago and she has no Internet and lives in a valley where she barely gets good cell service. However, in a specific spot on her back porch, I can get almost full bars of 3G (go figure).

Anyways, I was able to set my Droid on a chair in that area, go in the house and sit at the dining room table and connect to the web. Really slick!

captclueless

Reaction score
Well when all 3 of my current home screens are full and I don't feel like rooting it excites me to see were getting 2 more. Bluetooth voice dial doesn't matter to me cause I rarely use my Bluetooth headset

Ah, my friend, if you haven't given any of the Home alternatives a shot you have been missing out in a big way...go install LauncherPro from the App Store right now, and you'll feel like you got your update a couple of days early. Best thing since sliced bread, you have to give it a try--up to seven screens, great features, and stable as can be. You don't have to be rooted, AND it will keep working through the upgrade so you won't be wasting your time.

If I install it, and don't like it for some reason, will it uninstall and put everything back to the way it was?