Is the Nexus worth a 2 year contract?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Keep the Nexus. It is absolutely amazing, in my opinion. The Vanilla Android is just too smooth to give up, honestly. And as everyone said, quad cores in a phone in ABSOLUTE overkill. My 27" iMac has a quadcore processor, I don't think my cell phone needs to rival my computer. I really think you'd regret giving up the Nexus if you chose to do so.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Keep the Nexus. It is absolutely amazing, in my opinion. The Vanilla Android is just too smooth to give up, honestly. And as everyone said, quad cores in a phone in ABSOLUTE overkill. My 27" iMac has a quadcore processor, I don't think my cell phone needs to rival my computer. I really think you'd regret giving up the Nexus if you chose to do so.

Ya I agree. Also I just booted up my OG Droid and man what a difference. I really dont think I could go back to that after being on the nexus for a week. Its night and day.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ya I agree. Also I just booted up my OG Droid and man what a difference. I really dont think I could go back to that after being on the nexus for a week. Its night and day.

Poor OG, such a tough little tank but just so out gunned these days!

psulli24

Reaction score
Honestly I have never used, or more importantly, been in love with a phone as much as I have with the Nexus, and I've only had it for 2 DAYS! The pure android experience is something that really needs to be appreciated. Your going to have the most help, the latest and greatest updates from Google, no moto-blur or sense overlay nonsense and in my opinion, its the sleekest phone to come out to date! Stay with your Nexus. You'll be glad you did! DancingNexusDancingNexusDancingNexusDancingNexus

kmo

Reaction score
I think that anyone who is questioning keeping this device (and there seem to be a bunch) you bought the wrong one, get a new phone. This is obviously not the right choice for you....This is a device made for development and peeps who love to root and mod their machines IMHO. People who like to tinker and have customization availability will get this. If you're looking for a device that does all the basics you need done efficiently, (and you don't want to mess with it) there are plenty of good choices out there. I waited a long time for this new gadget, I love having the full access and ease of use with this phone....plus all the development in the future it will continue to get. Good luck with your choice.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I think that anyone who is questioning keeping this device (and there seem to be a bunch) you bought the wrong one, get a new phone. This is obviously not the right choice for you....This is a device made for development and peeps who love to root and mod their machines IMHO. People who like to tinker and have customization availability will get this. If you're looking for a device that does all the basics you need done efficiently, (and you don't want to mess with it) there are plenty of good choices out there. I waited a long time for this new gadget, I love having the full access and ease of use with this phone....plus all the development in the future it will continue to get. Good luck with your choice.

I disagree. I got it and will stay stock for its life. I enjoy the awesome specs and screen, pure android, and how the word nexus means speedy updates and support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mike8016

Reaction score
Definitely worth a 2 year contract. Only phone that is pure google. It has ICS and will get jelly bean first

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read on "for tablets only" refers to added features that will be included within tablets. It's said nothing about having seperate operating systems. The mac-fanboy forums have taken that and ran with it. "Android Fragmentation OHHHH NOOOOOOZZZZ! Buy an iPhone." Could it end up on tablets only? Yeah, I suppose, but that would be a moronic move on Google's part, when they just fervently denied fragmentation.

captdroid

Reaction score
Poor OG, such a tough little tank but just so out gunned these days!

True... lol :D

And yes the two year contract is worth it for the Gnex which I got on or about release day. At least so far it's been worth it and I hope it remains that way at least for the duration of the contract :biggrin:

Last edited:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I plan on getting one myself when my contract is up. I love everything it can do, and just hope that Ubuntu for Android will run well on it.