1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is the Motorola HD Dock what I need?

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Accessories' started by Websquad, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Websquad

Websquad New Member

I want a device to place on my bedroom dresser at night to dock my Droid 4, recharge it, and display an alarm clock. I plan to run the Droid 4 in Airplane mode to prevent cell phone calls, text messages, and any other network traffic. I don't plan to listen to music in this setup: always-vissable alarm clock mode only. Does anyone have experience with the HD Dock? Is that what I want?
  2. joncarwash

joncarwash New Member

yes

That's exactly what it does (put the Droid 4 into the Moto HD Dock and it prompts you for what type of dock mode you want - I use Bedside Dock mode which does what you want but there are other options too). You can pick one up from Amazon much cheaper than retail right now (I got one last week for about $22).

Note that it's a pretty good dock IMHO. It accomodates the phone with a case on it by removing a spacer and adjusting the back support. It also includes a power cable (but accepts any micro USB) as well as an HDMI cable. I recommend it, especially at a low price.
  3. Websquad

Websquad New Member

Thanks for the input. Ordered mine today from Amazon.com for $20.
Search tags for this page

droid 4 dock mode

hd dock verizon droid 4