Is the Maxx down to $99 ?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is an option. Verizon won't honor fry's price but if you are within your 14 day return period you can return your phone to Verizon and then buy one from fry's. Take the ad to Verizon with you so they see why you want to return it. They may want to save themselves the trouble of a return and give you fry's price although that is doubtful but either way, you can get the Maxx for $99.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That is an option. Verizon won't honor fry's price but if you are within your 14 day return period you can return your phone to Verizon and then buy one from fry's. Take the ad to Verizon with you so they see why you want to return it. They may want to save themselves the trouble of a return and give you fry's price although that is doubtful but either way, you can get the Maxx for $99.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

That was what I was gonna say... :) great minds. :p

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
greyghost04 said:
looks like $99 to me. Sad I still have 5 months to upgrade. Course might be $50 by then.

Lol might be free in 5 months check the bionic lol

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
... you can return your phone to Verizon and then buy one from fry's.

It goes without saying, ensure Fry's has the phone before making any decision to return your current phone.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
I called the store this morning (5/30/2012) to confirm and go pick one up. They transferred me to their cellphone department, and I was on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up waiting for them to answer.
They haven't replied to my email from 5/25/2012 too.
So much for Fry's...

In general, never fall for the:
"Sign up today, and your phone will be here tomorrow/next week" BS.

Last edited:
OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
In the past, they have pulled incorrect online ads immediately. This one stayed online.
Was this a real deal, or Bait and Switch?

hauckta

Reaction score
In the past, they have pulled incorrect online ads immediately. This one stayed online.
Was this a real deal, or Bait and Switch?

It took me 3 phone calls, an email, and an online chat session but I explained how I read the sale and a supervisor agreed with me. I got my maxx
for $49 (I had a $50 credit on my line) and I got one for my wife for $99. They'll be here tomorrow!!!
:icon_ banana:

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
It took me 3 phone calls, an email, and an online chat session but I explained how I read the sale and a supervisor agreed with me. I got my maxx
for $49 (I had a $50 credit on my line) and I got one for my wife for $99. They'll be here tomorrow!!!

2 Razr Maxx phones for $150.
That must be a new record!
I hope they don't give you any story tomorrow, e.g. The Great Wall of China collapsed, and the people assembling the Maxx had to be mobilized to fix the Wall first, and that's why there is going to be a delay getting the Maxx.

hazelgreen

Reaction score
I just bought the Maxx online thru Verizo for 99. I've been off contract for a while so maybe that's why? I didn't see that price until checkout though

GSdub510

Reaction score
Now the Razr Maxx is $170 on Frys website...lol

i can never catch a break with price match on the maxx i got last week for 199.99

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's not cool, but bad stuff happens, but usually to me... so don't worry :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

ReverendOD

Reaction score
I actually priced out (2) MAXX's on verizons site a few weeks ago which were listed as $199 and at checkout it said "Special Offer $100 OFF" and I picked up 2 from Big Red for $99 each.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

2 Razr Maxx phones for $150.
That must be a new record!
I hope they don't give you any story tomorrow, e.g. The Great Wall of China collapsed, and the people assembling the Maxx had to be mobilized to fix the Wall first, and that's why there is going to be a delay getting the Maxx.

I just bought the Maxx online thru Verizo for 99. I've been off contract for a while so maybe that's why? I didn't see that price until checkout though

I don't know how to argue with these deals. I can't recall a time in the past where they were dolling out such popular phones - essentially still top 2 or 3, and at such absurdly low prices. Even knowing the next gen of phones coming, it's offers like these that will actually cause those waiting on the fence to instead jump back onto solid ground. :biggrin: