Is the Maxx down to $99 ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Early adopters in the smartphone market pay a higher price, not just financially. They also basically Beta Test the product (at their expense of time, money and frustration) for the manufacturer and carrier.
I want something that works at least as well as my DroidX, and that users are not complaining about.
After all, this is my Primary communication device, and I can't afford it messing up.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

You have a good point. So they should just give us the phones and pay us for our time...... why hasn't anyone thought of this before??? Hey you start the company and I'll come work for you :)

Oh wait, as it is we pay them and they get free labor... :( I feel so cheap now :sly:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

altjx

Reaction score
Early adopters in the smartphone market pay a higher price, not just financially. They also basically Beta Test the product (at their expense of time, money and frustration) for the manufacturer and carrier.
I want something that works at least as well as my DroidX, and that users are not complaining about.
After all, this is my Primary communication device, and I can't afford it messing up.

Agreed!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
altjx said:
Completely agreed. This is partially why I stuck with my iPhone for so long. I didn't mind only seeing a better improvement of my phone once a year, this was perfectly fine. It kept me from debating between upgrading or not, etc. I only sold it to get the DROID RAZR MAXX because I knew Motorola stated that they would slow down the rate of their phones this year. Last year this crap was terrible. I felt sorry for anyone getting an android phone as the following month would make it almost trash.

I totally understand what you are saying here. Always looking around the corner for the next best phone that comes out and even though you're phone is only a few months old, you feel you want the next best thing. I have to say my Maxx is the first phone I've had (except maybe my og Droid) that I could care less what comes up next and it feels almost liberating not looking around the corner afraid that I am missing out on the latest and greatest. And I haven't even rooted yet. With my og Droid I rooted within a few months and it was fun & kept me from being bored with the phone. I suppose if I start to get bored w my Maxx, I will root and get some added months of fun but so far, I love the phone the way it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

altjx

Reaction score
I totally understand what you are saying here. Always looking around the corner for the next best phone that comes out and even though you're phone is only a few months old, you feel you want the next best thing. I have to say my Maxx is the first phone I've had (except maybe my og Droid) that I could care less what comes up next and it feels almost liberating not looking around the corner afraid that I am missing out on the latest and greatest. And I haven't even rooted yet. With my og Droid I rooted within a few months and it was fun & kept me from being bored with the phone. I suppose if I start to get bored w my Maxx, I will root and get some added months of fun but so far, I love the phone the way it is.

Yeah, exactly. Same here. I had the droid way back when it all first started, and I really liked it. The only thing that turned me over to iPhone was my job offering it to me for free + paying for the bill every month... That's the only thing that got me off Android.. and now that I've left that job about a year ago, I'm feeling pretty good with the razr maxx. I feel like the RAZR MAXX is a bit unique to the whole android environment. Although there's samsung this, htc that, I still feel pretty good about the razr, haha. Think this was a good choice ^_^

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, exactly. Same here. I had the droid way back when it all first started, and I really liked it. The only thing that turned me over to iPhone was my job offering it to me for free + paying for the bill every month... That's the only thing that got me off Android.. and now that I've left that job about a year ago, I'm feeling pretty good with the razr maxx. I feel like the RAZR MAXX is a bit unique to the whole android environment. Although there's samsung this, htc that, I still feel pretty good about the razr, haha. Think this was a good choice ^_^

The Droid RAZR and bigger baby brother, MAXX will go down in history as a game-changer, much the same as the OG Droid. The industry had to scramble to compete. I believe the RAZR/MAXX is one of the two best engineered phones in the industry...the other is the iPhone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You have a good point. So they should just give us the phones and pay us for our time...... why hasn't anyone thought of this before??? Hey you start the company and I'll come work for you :)

Oh wait, as it is we pay them and they get free labor... :( I feel so cheap now :sly:

Cheep, cheep, cheep (as opposed to cheap)... You're always "tweeting"... :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Cheep, cheep, cheep (as opposed to cheap)... You're always "tweeting"... :D

To this I would say, Ahhh I'm still gonna :p baaahahahahahahahaha :thumbup:

IDGBZ71

Reaction score
I just got mine for $99 got an email from Verizon online only

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

chadwick108

Reaction score
Just paid $30 bucks for my Max....it was out of the ordinary and was supposed to have a white razor but ended up with Max. :) love it

altjx

Reaction score
This sucks. Everyone is getting theirs much cheaper now lol. I got mine for $199 right after mother's day on that Friday. Do they ever credit your account if you call about something like this? This upcoming Friday will make the 14 days of me having this phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
altjx said:
This sucks. Everyone is getting theirs much cheaper now lol. I got mine for $199 right after mother's day on that Friday. Do they ever credit your account if you call about something like this? This upcoming Friday will make the 14 days of me having this phone.

If you just bought the phone then they will honor the cheaper price.... I think it is within 30 days but may be within 14. Take your receipt to a Verizon store or call them. They will credit your account.

altjx

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
If you just bought the phone then they will honor the cheaper price.... I think it is within 30 days but may be within 14. Take your receipt to a Verizon store or call them. They will credit your account.

Thank you :)

altjx

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:

They told me this was only a promotion for the RAZR and not the RAZR MAXX. I didn't read the forum entirely but was this already stated?

EDIT: Looks like I'm totally behind lol. Sorry, I just noticed this was in regard to the original RAZR.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well, keep your eyes peeled for the price to come down... you might get lucky!

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
They told me this was only a promotion for the RAZR and not the RAZR MAXX. I didn't read the forum entirely but was this already stated?

EDIT: Looks like I'm totally behind lol. Sorry, I just noticed this was in regard to the original RAZR.

The frys.com ad was for the Razr Maxx at $99. See first msg in this thread.