Is the internal mic supposed to complete shut off while headphones are connected?

OP
L

Linus_

Reaction score
Tech Head and FoxKat nailed it. Just tested with a crappy old Tip-Ring-Sleeve aux cable and the issue is RESOLVED. Not impressed with this "feature", but at least the issue is identified.

A THANK YOU to all who contributed.

Threat neutralized.

peter_caixas

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Tech Head and FoxKat nailed it. Just tested with a crappy old Tip-Ring-Sleeve aux cable and the issue is RESOLVED. Not impressed with this "feature", but at least the issue is identified.

A THANK YOU to all who contributed.

Threat neutralized.

Change this setting and it will resolve your problem:

Menu-->Settings-->Call-->TTY mode-->TTY VCO

I had the S3 Galaxy and when I plugged in the aux cable I could receive and answer calls with no problem through my truck's radio. That changed when I upgraded to the Galaxy S4. I could hear the other caller but I couldn't respond. The mic gets automatically turned off on this Galaxy version. Changing the call settings worked for me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Change this setting and it will resolve your problem:

Menu-->Settings-->Call-->TTY mode-->TTY VCO

I had the S3 Galaxy and when I plugged in the aux cable I could receive and answer calls with no problem through my truck's radio. That changed when I upgraded to the Galaxy S4. I could hear the other caller but I couldn't respond. The mic gets automatically turned off on this Galaxy version. Changing the call settings worked for me.
Thanks Peter for that solution or workaround. I'm not sure if you realize it but you're answering a thread that's a year and a half old. That doesn't mean that your information is invaluable, it simply means that whoever you're answering me have long since terminated their membership or moved on to a different phone. Still as I've said the information is valuable and I'm intrigued. Thanks