is the gs3 battery the same as the extended battery for the nexus

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have the nexus and I am buying the sg3. I am giving away my nexus and I am not sure if I should give the extended battery with it.

abracc

Reaction score
How is the battery life with the extended battery? I have a Galaxy 1 and there is no way I can make it more than 7 hours without having to swap in another battery. So I'm leaning towards the Razor Maxx unless the G III has a comparable life.... Thanks!

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
abracc said:
How is the battery life with the extended battery? I have a Galaxy 1 and there is no way I can make it more than 7 hours without having to swap in another battery. So I'm leaning towards the Razor Maxx unless the G III has a comparable life.... Thanks!

The battery on theb maxx will better but all the reports that I have seen say it is one of the longest lasting batteries for a Android phone. Thats why wanted to know if it was the same as the Gnex extended battery because the Gnex battery sucks. and I also have a maxx and if you are looking for a phone with great specs them you do not want the Maxx. all it really has is a great battery and that is it

abracc

Reaction score
Thanks for the update...as long as the Gnex extended style battery in the G3 can get me thru the day or longer without having to swap out or recharge then it sounds like the G3 is the way to go over the Maxx....

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Other other thing to consider is what will 4g do too the battery? The only reports as of right now are the GSM versions so we do not know what it will be like with 4G but people say that the new snapdragon processor helps improve battery life. I guess time will tell. If you are going to keep this phone for awhile then get SGS3 and if you are on Verizon make sure you do it before the 28th if you have unlimited data anyways

johnd09

Reaction score
According to what I have heard, this lte radio should use less power as it is integrated on the s4. The LTE radio also uses the 28nm process which should bring lte battery drain under control.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
johnd09 said:
According to what I have heard, this lte radio should use less power as it is integrated on the s4. The LTE radio also uses the 28nm process which should bring lte battery drain under control.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I have read that to but they always say that their is something on a phone that will make the battery last longer. The only thing that has really worked is a bigger battery. I guess time will tell