Is The Galaxy S 2 The World’s Most Powerful Smartphone?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Is The Galaxy S 2 The World’s Most Powerful Smartphone?

samsung-galaxy-s-2.jpg

Well, Samsung certainly believes so.
The company carried out Quadrant tests on the 1.2GHz Exynos dual-core processor. Seemingly, it broke the 3000 mark. Furthermore, when it was compared with other handsets in this particular test, it beat them hands down. These were the Atrix, G2x, Optimus 3D and Evo 3D.
LG was said to be the first to start using a 1GHz dual-core processor. But Samsung was not going to let the competition run away with this new technological development. For this reason they produced the 1.2 GHz processor, which was duly installed in the Samsung Galaxy S 2.
What’s more, Samsung manufactures its own microprocessors rather than import them from another company. They are very highly rated in their own right.

What do you Think Will The GS2 be The Most Powerful Smart Phone?

Last edited:

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yes it is.
I can't wait to get one. If its not LTE, I will jump to ATT/Tmobile to get it.

EFGantry

Reaction score
every indication is that this thing is going to be the beast of beasts!! but, wrong or right, i'm still gonna wait and see what the Moto Targa has in store before i pull the trigger.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
The features on the Samsung IMO are head, & shoulders above any other phone.

So please baby jeasus let this phone come to Verizon with a working GPS, and on the LTE network. I'll be on this phone like a fat kid on a chocolate bar. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer either. I truly believe this will be the mother of all smart phones for at least a few months. :)

Last edited:

GDP

Reaction score
So is this different than the Droid Charge which comes out on Verizon soon? Or are they the same phone (like the Fascinate is to the Galaxy S Series)?

EFGantry

Reaction score
So is this different than the Droid Charge which comes out on Verizon soon? Or are they the same phone (like the Fascinate is to the Galaxy S Series)?

the Charge is a single core, mid-tier device - imo, don't waste your time. the GS2 is a dual core (with the rather highly touted Exynos (sp??) dual core processor (Charge has Hummingbird 1ghz processor)), and is going to be a monster!!

Last edited:

soulshot96

Reaction score
Ha! Samsung said that they will have a 2 ghz dual core smartphone my the end of the year! Imagine! A 4 ghz dual core smartphone! I think.the line was the power of a computer in the palm of your hand? Amazing!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

EgooEspada

Reaction score
They said 2012. They're like it by the end of the year, but Would they'd want to rush it. Till then, the Galaxy S II is top tier.

Sent from my ADR6400L

berfles

Reaction score
Ha! Samsung said that they will have a 2 ghz dual core smartphone my the end of the year! Imagine! A 4 ghz dual core smartphone! I think.the line was the power of a computer in the palm of your hand? Amazing!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

A 2GHZ dual core does not equal 4GHZ, unless you just worded your post very oddly and that's not what you meant.