Is the Fascinate a decent phone?

OP
stinkybudz

stinkybudz

Reaction score
I'm tired of the slide out keyboard on my OG droid, small(ish) screan, and slow processor (even with moderate o/c my phone can't seem to multi-task audio & browser or other apps). I think i'm just going to bite the bullet and go with a fascinate and root it ASAP.

I feel that I have gotten all I can out the og droid and I have only had it for a few months. It is running cyanogen 6.1.2 with a p3 lv250-1100 kernal and is just not fast enough. I have rooted and customized other androids and the 256mb of ram the og has just doesnt cut it compared to the others. I wanna go fast! Im going to pick up the fascinate today. I dont even want to bother checking out the stock phone, its getting rooted when I get home. What would be a fast but stable speed to run this thing at?

mysticdroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the fascinate has been o/ced yet. i'm not too worried about that. I wanna get rid of bloatware and touchwiz.

OP
stinkybudz

stinkybudz

Reaction score
I just checked walmart and I could get a droid x for 80. Has anyone had experience with both phones? I would prefer to go with the fascinate but if the x is better......

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stuckonashelf

Reaction score
stinkybudz try going for a 1 year contract through verizon. I did this and got the certified refurb fascinate for $109 on 1 year contract. I sold my original droid for $165 so I essentially upgraded for free with only 1 year contract and 10 months in it says ill be eligible for another discount.

OP
stinkybudz

stinkybudz

Reaction score
I have an upgrade on my third line. I had already planned on selling the og but I really want something faster. With the upgrade I can get the fascinate refurb for 40 or the x for 80

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App