Is the Droid X camera really this bad?

jcardona1

Reaction score
OP
T

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Yikes! Looks like more of the same. Man they really made a big deal about how great this camera is, and so far it doesnt really look that way. Perhaps, like bgr said, it is just an issue with the shutter button being too stiff. We shall see.

It may not matter to me anyway, I was hoping to get the x with an early annual upgrade, but I may not be able to do that after all.

OP
T

Thevaristy

Reaction score
I have to admit though, some of the iphone shots I have seen have been so oversaturated that they hurt my eyes. Like the iphone4 sunlight photo of the tomatoes. Completely unrealistic.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I have to admit though, some of the iphone shots I have seen have been so oversaturated that they hurt my eyes. Like the iphone4 sunlight photo of the tomatoes. Completely unrealistic.
i dont think its the saturation, saturation looks fine to me for the iphone. some are a bit contrasty though. nonetheless, iphone4 'seems' to take much sharper pics

OP
T

Thevaristy

Reaction score
[/quote]
i dont think its the saturation, saturation looks fine to me for the iphone. some are a bit contrasty though. nonetheless, iphone4 'seems' to take much sharper pics[/QUOTE]

Really? The red of the tomato, and the blue of the bowl look completely overblown to me. Not that it is really a big deal. Saturation/contrast are easy fixes.

Between the camera softness, and the bootloader issue, I am afraid this phone may turn into a turd. This makes me a sad panda. Step your game up moto.

JCo352

Reaction score
Is this really a shocker considering the camera on the Droid? Let's face it, Motorola leaves a lot to be desired in this area.

BzB

Reaction score
how is it the newest 'super phone' has the worst camera out of all the high end android phones released since the first droid? something tells me moto may be trying to do too much with their mobile line up right now and is starting to drop the ball. the droid 2 might just end up being a better overall phone since they're just refining an already good phone in the original droid and it has the same processing power as the x plus vanilla android.

the more we hear about this phone, the more the luster starts to wear off. the camera, the laggy ui, the restricted hdmi out...makes me wonder what else is going to be disappointing once the droid x finally hits the hands of users.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I like how they designed the phone around the camera and made that bump like that was the highlight of the phone

OP
T

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Yeah, I am for sure disappointed also. At this point camera is priority #1. I love android, so I have no issue there. It replaces my pnd, and now I want my phone to replace my point and shoot. I'm not asking for optical zoom or anything....just sharp photos. Am I asking too much?

Has anyone seen any striking photos from the x? I would really love to see them, as this camera is almost looking worse than the original droid. Someone lift my spirits please!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Your not asking for to much, samsung did it, nokia and sony also one year ago so it s possible

phatkat66

Reaction score
I've been playing around with my droid1 lately and im always impressed with the pictures. Sure there's room for improvement and sometimes ALOT of room for improvement but when I think about the nextel phone days..... these pictures blow my mind away.

Sometimes people are expecting every phone to be the OMG **head explodes** phone. Most of the time the next new phone is just the next step and not a huge leap.

Go look at some old flip phone cams lol when 2.3 mp was the braggin rights of that era lol

OP
T

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Since it has been done before, Motorola has no excuse. Sure cameras have improved over the years, but I can still identify a Droid shot as a cell phone pic from a mile away.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I've been playing around with my droid1 lately and im always impressed with the pictures. Sure there's room for improvement and sometimes ALOT of room for improvement but when I think about the nextel phone days..... these pictures blow my mind away.

Sometimes people are expecting every phone to be the OMG **head explodes** phone. Most of the time the next new phone is just the next step and not a huge leap.

Go look at some old flip phone cams lol when 2.3 mp was the braggin rights of that era lol
my old samsung flipshot could take better pics with a 3.2mp camera than my current moto droid. what good are megapixels if the camera cant take a clear shot to begin with? just look at the iphone 4, less megapixels but takes pic that look several times better than the X.

8.0mp is good enough for a standard 8x10. i cant imagine how terrible the X's pictures must look at 8x10. dont get me wrong, i would never print anything from a cellphone, that's what my DSLR is for.

but when a company is boasting an 8.0mp camera as a major selling point, it should be able to take a decent picture