1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is the Droid X camera really this bad?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Thevaristy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Thevaristy

Thevaristy New Member

Take a look at these shots from Gizmodo. They show pics from the iphone 4, the evo, the droid x, and a canon point and shoot. It pains me to say it, but the x loses.

iPhone 4 Camera Against the World - a set on Flickr

I am really hoping this isnt the case. The Droid camera dissapointed me so much, I would hate for this camera to be awful as well.
  2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Depends on how you look at those pictures , if you watch them from a Droid fanboy perspective then the X pictures are "much better " than the iPhone . You don't believe me ? Wait and see how many people will tell you that the X pictures are actually better .
  3. Thevaristy

Thevaristy New Member

Im a Droid fanboy, and I think those look like doo doo. The only negative thing I can say about the iphone pics is that they are way over-saturated, but that is an easy fix.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Seems to be decent.
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I rarely use the camera....

The purple and green leaf shot was no comparison: iPhone ftw there. The iPhone's did look better, but I couldnt tell until there were more colors in the shots. The flash test.....the chick looked like a monster with the Droid X. lol

I wonder why dude didnt take a video with the X, he only used the iPhone 4. Then only a front camera shot with the iPhone, but he had EVO pics too...
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I can make my D3000 DSLR tale pics that look like crap....That link tell you nothing....
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Not convincing me of anything.
  8. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Different shots, differeent results. I don't think the poster is biased, in fact in the first set of shots he states for that set it appears the X is better then the IP4 ...

There are too many variables to consider if you are going to take a series and evaluate.

Get a color table screen and setup the evaluation properly, same lighting, controlled conditions, settings if possible, and that leaves differences found left to sensor, lens and programing.

I say again, let me do RAW on the thing and I'll be in awe!
  9. Thevaristy

Thevaristy New Member

The problem I had with the shots were sharpness. I can fix any other issue with post processing.
  10. soba1

soba1 New Member

Now I am going to be searching for this review. But those of you who are serious photogs know the charts they used to test pic qual. The black n white ones for sharpness, and how they put up diff colors with other objects. Well I saw this review of the two. In the review the Vid went to the 4G and the still cam went to the Droid X.
    Then they posted pics of the charts taken with each for sharpness.
    The X was noticably better, sharper. Also just a general pic same pic taken with each phone. The 4g pic was a lot grainier; considerably noticeable. The X pic wis a lot smother.
    Yes I am a fanboi but I do try and be very objective, and yes the X was better.
    Also I know enough to know it isn't about the megapixel but about the quality of the lenses
    I will be looking for that camera review.
  11. Aridon

Aridon New Member

The camera shots looked good, the 720 video was way too choppy. The only thing about the camera is one of the unboxing videos had some camera time briefly and the gut had to slam the button three or for times to get it to fire. Hopefully the shutter speed isn't that slow or the software that laggy.
  12. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

I've seen some droid x sample shots from other reviewers that were much better than these. And given how obviously biased the reviewer was, I'd hold off on making any judgments till I see more pics.
  13. bL33d

bL33d New Member

The one thing i would never do is listen a apple fanboys opinoin on anything not apple. You can make other phones pics look bad by moving on purpose and useing a tripod for ur iphone and so fourth.
  14. ranterbul

ranterbul New Member

The X has a mechanical shutter and the i4 is electronic, maybe that has something to do with it.
  15. b16a2smith

b16a2smith New Member

I think it depends on "how you hold it". :icon_ banana:
  16. dos

dos New Member

17. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

the Droid X pics look terrible compared to the iphone4 in this set. iphone pics appear to be much sharper.
  18. Thevaristy

Thevaristy New Member

Yikes! Looks like more of the same. Man they really made a big deal about how great this camera is, and so far it doesnt really look that way. Perhaps, like bgr said, it is just an issue with the shutter button being too stiff. We shall see.

It may not matter to me anyway, I was hoping to get the x with an early annual upgrade, but I may not be able to do that after all.
  19. Thevaristy

Thevaristy New Member

I have to admit though, some of the iphone shots I have seen have been so oversaturated that they hurt my eyes. Like the iphone4 sunlight photo of the tomatoes. Completely unrealistic.
  20. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

i dont think its the saturation, saturation looks fine to me for the iphone. some are a bit contrasty though. nonetheless, iphone4 'seems' to take much sharper pics
Search tags for this page
android camera is terrible
android phones take crappy pictures
android x camera sucks
bad camera android
bad camera on droid 4
camera on droid x sucks
droid camerca bad
droid x2 bad camera
droid+x+camera+problems+low quality
moto droid camera module supplier
my droid take bad picture