Is the Droid worth it?

YA123

Reaction score
I am just trying to see if the droid is worth the almost 1000 dollars I will put into this phone. So is it worth it?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am just trying to see if the droid is worth the almost 1000 dollars I will put into this phone. So is it worth it?

I would say no. Worht a $1k. No way. I'd buy a PC or a TV for that, but if we're talking about overall performance. I have never used anything better :icon_ banana:

brianr0131

Reaction score
How are you putting 1000 into it? Also, consider how much you would be putting into a dumbphone, or other smartphone. It's not like the droid will cost you 1000 over the next 2 years and the Iphone would be 200. A smartphone in general will cost you 3o a month extra plus purchase price. So, going from a dumbphone to Droid would cost you close to 1000 over 2 years if you put it that way, but so would any of it's competitors.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
how the hell are putting $1000 into a phone that's $200 with contract? You having it gold plated or something?

and yes it's worth it. if you wanna think of it that way.

Erikpdx

Reaction score
Is the Keypad alright?...sounds like that's one of the few issues?

Reaction score
The keyboard works great for me! It takes a little getting use to but so does every other new thing out there, tho everyone is entitled to their opinion. The droid is definitely worth every cent!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
He is probably talking with a plan and the monthy fee over time and etc...

Erikpdx

Reaction score
the only negative I can come up with is spending an extra $100 to switch over to it from the Rogue.

Does it sit in pants pockets ok or does it need a holster?

LordKastle

Reaction score
It fits in my pockets fine. I always keep it there when I am out. I have a little pouch that I had from my zune so there is no additional bulk from a leather case...if there is extra bulk I have no clue.

soyboy

Reaction score
The phone cost me $149 using my new every two. Haven't gotten a new phone it 5 or so years so the cost was no big deal as that cost works out to $75 a year (assuming using it for the full 2 year contract) or about $1.44 a week. Other than the cost of the phone, the data plan costs me .80 a day with my 20% discount. So my monthly cost has only increased .80 a day over what I was paying for my old, non smartphone. Not even the cost of a candy bar, far less then a cup of coffee. Bargain for what it does, I love it so far, wish I had gotten a smartphone earlier, but there weren't any I was really attracted to other than the iphone and I didn't want to go back to AT&T. Their coverage in my area is spotty. When you look at the cost of having a cell phone, even dumbphones can be considered expensive, the cost of moving up to a smartphone for a lot of folks really is not that big of deal when you look at how much they were paying for a plain old phone.