Is the Droid Razr HD / Droid Fighter even a real thing?

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I mean, all I see online are rumored specs, easily fake-able EXIF data, photoshopped mockups, and speculations based on all that: "Oooh! The Razr Maxx is now $199...could that mean the Droid Fighter is on the way?"

Has Motorola announced ANYTHING about this phone, at any trade show or press conference? Has Verizon?

Have we, the Android community, made this phone up ourselves? Did we generate a wish-list of features (4.7 inch HD display, ICS, 8 MP, quad-core, Maxx-size battery) and somehow make it come to life?

What ARE we waiting on, really?

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
So...after two days and 455 views, no responses? No one has anything to say, one way or the other, on if the Droid Fighter is real?

Am I missing something? OK, two possibilities:
1) It's so obvious to everyone that the Razr HD/Fighter is real and imminent that I'm coming off as delusional for questioning it, or
2) This is the first time that anyone's questioned it's existence, and no one wants to discuss the possibility.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
as of this moment the DROID fighter a.k.a RAZR HD, a.k.a. whatever else it has been speculated to be is just that. Speculation. When or if it will be released is also up for debate. What you have read/learned via the internet is what is known. That is probably why you have not gotten any replies.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
ROFL! Its all wishful thinking! Someone posted an unknown picture from china showing something that looked like a larger Razr!
Then .... LET THE RUMORS BEGIN!!!
There are phones all over the world that you'll never see in the U.S.
When they post "some" rumors, it is kind of entertaining to read the comments!!! Gets everyone's panties in an uproar!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
My point exactly. If you are curious because you have an upgrade burning a hole in your pocket i suggest you research what is already out and go with it. You may be waiting forever otherwise.
But..... you know as soon as you do, the phone you've always dreamed will be released. Lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Thanks, guys; you're right...all of you make good points. I think I'll just wait for the Galaxy SIII or grab the Razr Maxx and be happy.

HNettles

Reaction score
Hell, I just want to know if the Galaxy SIII is coming to verizon. How long has it been since Verizon has actually had a new high end phone? The Razr Maxx is actually the newest, isn't it, and that one's from December or thereabouts, 6 months or more?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hell, I just want to know if the Galaxy SIII is coming to verizon. How long has it been since Verizon has actually had a new high end phone? The Razr Maxx is actually the newest, isn't it, and that one's from December or thereabouts, 6 months or more?

I think the maxx dropped in February...or late January.... I don't remember exactly, but I got one the day they came out.

But its been a while since moto has released anything. So with it being almost June, typically a big month for devices to drop, I sort of expect something.

I could easily be wrong, but I think moto and big red are sitting on something. And I hope its something cool like a quad core, bigger battery than the maxx, with an hd display. But who knows. Maybe moto us cutting back to 2 phones per year.... I doubt it... and I hope not, fathers day is coming... I want a new toy. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

eddie7

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I dumped Moto for the Nexus. As soon as I got my Razr the Razr maxx came out. Now the Razr HD/ Droid Fighter is coming out. Its like they rush phones out there. Then realize they forgot something. And we use our upgrade and are stuck for 2 years waiting for the next best phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is one of the reasons I dumped Moto for the Nexus. As soon as I got my Razr the Razr maxx came out. Now the Razr HD/ Droid Fighter is coming out. Its like they rush phones out there. Then realize they forgot something. And we use our upgrade and are stuck for 2 years waiting for the next best phone.

I see your point, but late jan to june.. that's a good span of time. To me at least :)

Its a step in the right direction. For moto IMHO. We'll see how it turns out, and when it drops. I'm hoping its soon.. I anxious to get my paws on it :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

nygrich

Reaction score
I was leaning towards the sgs3 but was hoping moto would come around n put out the hd now i dont know what the hell im gonna do

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jmoore1701 said:
I mean, all I see online are rumored specs, easily fake-able EXIF data, photoshopped mockups, and speculations based on all that: "Oooh! The Razr Maxx is now $199...could that mean the Droid Fighter is on the way?"

Has Motorola announced ANYTHING about this phone, at any trade show or press conference? Has Verizon?

Have we, the Android community, made this phone up ourselves? Did we generate a wish-list of features (4.7 inch HD display, ICS, 8 MP, quad-core, Maxx-size battery) and somehow make it come to life?

What ARE we waiting on, really?

Well it was just released in china with 3 different variations an sadly it sporting a qhd screen but idk what the resolution is. it also has the 4430 omap chipset with the 200mhz bump 1 gig of ram but it does have the 3300 battery that the razr maxx has. comes stock with ics it has the 4.7 in screen but the extra 3 in is for the on screen home keys like the galaxy nexus has to me it is a bit of a disappointment.

Last edited:
OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
OK, so it sounds like the Razr HD is getting closer...and more real. I've set my deadline at Father's Day 2012, for buying a new phone with my upgrade for my OG Droid X. As many posters have pointed out, there will always be a new phone around the corner or down the road. So I'm picking a date and buying whatever the newest phone is at the time. Verizon may have a Father's day sale, who knows? In any event, one of three phones will be available: the Razr Maxx with an impending ICS upgrade; a Samsung Galaxy SIII; or the Droid Razr HD. If there's no official release date for the Razr HD, I'll buy the Maxx and be happy. I've seen the videos for the ICS upgrade and it looks great. If there is an official release date for either of the newer phones, I'll decided on Father's day whether it's worth the wait.