Is the droid maxx to see lollipop??

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
Every forum has the same yes/ no rumors. I'm only guessing but if we haven't got it by now we probably won't. Which is fine with me, it seems to have been 1 big headache , my Maxx is doing fine just the way it is. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Every forum has the same yes/ no rumors. I'm only guessing but if we haven't got it by now we probably won't. Which is fine with me, it seems to have been 1 big headache , my Maxx is doing fine just the way it is. Just my $0.02.

The moto x 2013 just received it so the maxx should be a couple months behind.

I don't care if we get it or not.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My maxx is in my drawer...retired and charged at 50% ...I use my turbo and note edge...I am eyeing the new droids..but the 810 processor and the smaller than the turbos battery...make me a tad hesitant..I guess my maxx will soon be on Swappa or something..

B

brucebanner7701

Just saw the commercial for the new Nexus... I'm still looking for the lollipop update and they have phones coming out with MARSHMALLOW!! LOL

Abby Normal

Reaction score
For me personally, this phone works soooooo good on Kit Kat I'm not sure I even want Lollipop anymore. I have read so many issues with the 2013 Moto X on the Moto Forum. Since that and the Maxx were released together makes me nervous about how bad Lollipop might be on our phones. Maybe they should just leave it alone? But Verizon is still selling them in their stores so they will want it on Lollipop.

I agree 100%

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
I also agree 100% mine works just the way I wanted to that's why I chose it please don't change it

Clamshell

Reaction score
What does $100 get you? No Lollipop! Verizon's DROID Ultra, DROID Maxx and DROID Mini will not be updated to Lollipop!
Users of Verizon's DROID Ultra, DROID Maxx and DROID Mini have been clamoring for an update to Android 5.x Lollipop and today's news is sure to make them sad.

David Schuster has confirmed that these three devices will not be getting updated to Lollipop.

To make up for this, Motorola is letting these users spend money(but at least at a discounted price) on a Droid Turbo 2 and Droid Maxx 2 so you can enjoy a newer version of Android.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Why would I take them up on this so they can just do it again?
Verizon's offering a better deal at this time. Seems MotoLeno is going down hill in a big way. Time to vote with my money elsewhere. Too bad. I've been a Moto customer since the days of pagers.

Read More:
Plus.google.com
Source:
Pages.motorola-mail.com
As seen on AndroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I moved on. Left my maxx in a drawer. 6P all the way.

Clamshell

Reaction score
I moved on. Left my maxx in a drawer. 6P all the way.

How's the battery life on your 6P? I'm spoiled as I'd be coming from the Droid Maxx. I see you also had a Maxx.
How would you compare the 2? Any heating or throttling issues with the 810 cpu?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I average 4 to 5 hours of sot. Wouldn't ever go back to a Moto. I have never heard of any issues overheating with this 810 revision.

Clamshell

Reaction score
How's the reception signal strength in the 6P? On par with the Maxx?
Thanks for the info. I'm considering the 6P or whatever is released/announced at the MWC.
My Maxx is still working great except for the camera.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Radios are better in my 6P.

brucebanner77

Reaction score
What does $100 get you? No Lollipop! Verizon's DROID Ultra, DROID Maxx and DROID Mini will not be updated to Lollipop!
Users of Verizon's DROID Ultra, DROID Maxx and DROID Mini have been clamoring for an update to Android 5.x Lollipop and today's news is sure to make them sad.

David Schuster has confirmed that these three devices will not be getting updated to Lollipop.

To make up for this, Motorola is letting these users spend money(but at least at a discounted price) on a Droid Turbo 2 and Droid Maxx 2 so you can enjoy a newer version of Android.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Why would I take them up on this so they can just do it again?
Verizon's offering a better deal at this time. Seems MotoLeno is going down hill in a big way. Time to vote with my money elsewhere. Too bad. I've been a Moto customer since the days of pagers.

Read More:
Plus.google.com
Source:
Pages.motorola-mail.com
As seen on AndroidForums

Well that sucks