Is the Droid 3 being ignored by the modding community?

Ragnell

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like the D3 is getting much love over the 4g LTE phones such as the Bionic and Thunderbolt, As the Bionic Launched it had root (thanks to the D3) and there has already been videos and development of it running CM7, where has the most I've heard about the D3's development is just root so far. Am I being paranoid? Has anyone seen real progress with anything with the D3 or are other phones getting the glory?

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Its kinda like asking why there are all these custom mods out for the ford mustang and nothing for the pinto isn't it? Just kidding.

Seriously though, shiny object philosophy might be at play here. Next month the bionic will be left behind while the vigor gets all the devs attention.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Ragnell

Ragnell

Reaction score
I doubt that since the D3 pretty much was released with little to no fanfare of Ads and such while the Bionic and other 4g LTE phones has gotten so much ads everywhere

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lawl. The Thunderbolt's been out for a while and was meant to be a flagship phone, of course it's gonna have more attention. Same goes with the Bionic. The Droid 3 is getting plenty of attention though.. xda and droid-life prove that much. The reason it took longer to root is because it was newer stuff devs didn't know how to get into. Now we got clockwork and working out way to Roms. Good enough for me.

tjkriegel

Reaction score
The reason the bionic is seeing cm7 is because a bionic was donated to cvpcs for that purpose. Anyone donated a d3 to a member of the cyanogen team?

spunker88

Reaction score
All the work that went into rooting the Droid 3 was used to root the Bionic. If the Bionic came first the Droid 3 would have had root at launch. With the similar hardware and software from Motorola in these two devices, development on one should benefit the other.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Be patient young padawan

While the Bionic may have CM7 it's like phase 1 alpha, with so many features not working it's not really worth noting.

The D3 Recovery will soon have ROM Flashing capabilities and ChevyCam already has a ROM made ready to go. People just need to calm down and give the dev's time. No sense in rushing an unfinished product.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
lets kill this discussion right now shall we

piIjbsBsevBLv8FYFshc1oVO0YAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
KShen1
Many of you keep asking for ETA on CM7..I'll break the rules once and only once: about 2-3 weeks. The more devs, the better.
9/17/11 10:41 PM