Is the bionic n trouble,now that the gs2 is comin n aug?

bigdad63

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Bionic will be in trouble. Verizon markets their products too good to not have it sell. Ok, maybe not as much as they've marketed that friggin' iphone, but it will be big. I for one would go with the Galaxy S II, weather or not it's 4G, as long as it has the same processor as the European version has in it, cause it's the sweetest phone to come out for Android so far. I will definitely have a look at the Bionic, and it will have to measure up to the GSII. If it does, I will be surprised and have lots of thinking to do on which to get.

Would you go back to 14.4 dialup download speeds? Everyone I've seen who's tried 4G says it's like going back to ancient download speeds when you go back to 3g. But maybe you are not in an area that's going to get 4g any time soon. Or maybe you don't use your phone for internet or downloading anything. I would just about bet though that if you experienced 4g you would want a phone that was so equipped if the tech was in your area. I've said several times in other threads though that I would definitely get a 3g GS2 over a Bionic if 4G wasn't scheduled to come to my area next year.dancedroid

leonozug

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Bionic will be in trouble. Verizon markets their products too good to not have it sell. Ok, maybe not as much as they've marketed that friggin' iphone, but it will be big. I for one would go with the Galaxy S II, weather or not it's 4G, as long as it has the same processor as the European version has in it, cause it's the sweetest phone to come out for Android so far. I will definitely have a look at the Bionic, and it will have to measure up to the GSII. If it does, I will be surprised and have lots of thinking to do on which to get.

Would you go back to 14.4 dialup download speeds? Everyone I've seen who's tried 4G says it's like going back to ancient download speeds when you go back to 3g. But maybe you are not in an area that's going to get 4g any time soon. Or maybe you don't use your phone for internet or downloading anything. I would just about bet though that if you experienced 4g you would want a phone that was so equipped if the tech was in your area. I've said several times in other threads though that I would definitely get a 3g GS2 over a Bionic if 4G wasn't scheduled to come to my area next year.dancedroid

Bigdad I live wayyyyy upstate in NY...I think the nearest city getting 4G is Albany, and I'm too far northeast of it to get a signal. I'm right near the Adorindack mountains. I'm lucky I get 3G!! lol

My area probably won't get it for another two years at least, if not more. My friend told me 4G is insane and I'd love to try it, but I'm putting my eggs in the faster processor/3G basket for this one. I use wi-fi a lot and it works well for me.

Another interesting point is wether or not Verizon will allow the Galaxy S II to be unlocked like it is overseas...I think Verizon would have a problem with it. For all we know, it may only be coming to AT&T and T-Mobile. I can see Verizon telling Samsung "It has to be locked and have a 4G radio in it if you want to sell it on our network"...I doubt Samsung will be jumping through hoops for their demands.

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going SGS2. Samsung has a better build quality than Moto

CM74DX

That might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. I donno, I guess it is personal preference but I like Moto's rubberized metal more than Sammy's chintzy plastic.

I'm just glade he didn't use the word forum factor,or he might have gottin hit square n the nose.lol!!.but that's diff my 1st time ever hearin some1 say,they perfer the build quality of samsung over moto-i guess its a 1st 4 everthing.

Droidram56

Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about Samsung phones is there isn't an LED notification for a few of them.
Lack of a LED notification light is a disappointing omission in my view. I hope the Verizon versions of the Galaxy sII has one. I doubt, though, that I will wait for it if the Bionic is released first.