Is the bionic n trouble,now that the gs2 is comin n aug?

DoctorV

Reaction score
The SGS2 is coming to where in August? Verizon? Not bloody likely. Will it have room in it's anorexic casing for an LTE radio? Not bloody likely.

Pass.

sk102704

Reaction score
Only if the SG2 is 4gLTE. If It is, its going to be a tough decision. If its only 3g, for me its a no brainer, its Bionic all the way!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I've had very good luck with Moto over the last 10 years or so. They would have to beat me away with a stick.

endobrian

Reaction score
Only the sprint version has been leaked. And samsung just introduced the Charge...so, who knows if verizon is up to it. Besides, Verizon is still waiting on Samsung updates...which are almost are almost non-existent.

Java

Reaction score
Considering Verizon's track record of releasing phones and the current battle Samsung is dealing with (thanks Apple), don't expect a release on Verizon before 2012. The S2 will also not support Verizon's 4G LTE network unless they have completely redone the phone. So no, it will not challenge the Bionic in sales.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I don't trust Samsung with their slow update process. Moto has been bad about delays in the past but they have updated devices very well.

I know the SGSII is supposed to be more metallic, but I don't like the plastic that Samsung uses for their phones. Especially the variants on VZW.

It's the Bionic for me all the way!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The only thing the GS2 has is a Great Screen!!! NO LTE!!Tegra 2, CDMA based only!!!
I am sticking with the Bionic!!!

Reaction score
No LTE for the SGII I bet, and that makes it a no brainer for the Bionic. Still, Motorola would be making a mistake of epic sizes if they let the Galaxy SII beat the Bionic out on the market.

akhi216

Reaction score
I don't trust Samsung with their slow update process. Moto has been bad about delays in the past but they have updated devices very well.

I know the SGSII is supposed to be more metallic, but I don't like the plastic that Samsung uses for their phones. Especially the variants on VZW.

It's the Bionic for me all the way!

This^. I don't know why it doesn't get mentioned more often.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think someone said it all. Basically the sgs2 was set to be this super phone but if you take away its strengths then its no longer a super phone. Lte radio is larger and in this time frame I do not think Samsung has come up with the technology to make a smaller lte radio and I doubt they are redesigning the phone for one carrier. They are switching from the processor in the sgs2 to tetra 2.... Well we know that motorola drop tegra 2 and went omap for a reason. At this point I might just buy a tablet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^No LTE and Tegra 2.....that again for whatever reason Moto decided to drop and go back to the OMAP. For me right now LTE is a deal breaker. If I can snag a Droid 3 or GS2 in a BOGO deal thats another story...lol

Then the GS 2 has only Amoled+ screen, thin phone and Touchwiz for pros, for those that like Touchwiz. And the newer version looks nice.

If it seriously has a Tegra 2 I wont even look twice at it. Other Tegra 2 devices seem to be doing ok tho. Just stuff I read and seeing issues with certain Tegra 2 phones has me not feeling Tegra 2 anymore.

So all that and if it comes between Sept and Dec....you can definitely forget it. I might not even get the Bionic if it comes out in Sept.

rayw796

Reaction score
If the SGS2 has LTE and came out before the Bionic, I would definately do a comparison of the two, particularly the screens and my take on them. If the Bionic comes out first, I will not wait for the SGS2 unless there is a major problem with Bionic.

I read a review of the SGS2 or the Charge, I forget which and that the reviewer had had the phone for a month and the sides of the phone were all scraped up from being in his pockets. The plastic on Samsung just won't hold up as well as the Motorola. I look at my Droid and you would not know it is almost 2 years old.