Is the battery on D4/Razr good enough (vs maxx)

KidmanMakino

Reaction score
Guess I'm trying to be cheap but can anyone with a normal razr and/or Droid 4 let me know if the battery life on said phones is good enough for normal daily use or if investing the extra hundo for the maxx would be wiser?
Just use my old Eris for texting,tweeting,Facebooking,no YouTube or other streaming - though that option to stream media from home pc sounds awesome and curious to know if its as good as it sounds or is flawed/laggy like I'd expect.
Besides a car charger if I was out would the battery last average useage?
Excuse my typos and rambling thoughts,thanks in advance.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

pgreeny

Reaction score
I think so. I have had my D4 since release day and for me I get about 16 hours of normal/moderate use out of a charge. For me thats email, words with friends, facebook, some web browsing, calls and texts. I do not do alot of music streaming or videos, nor alot of gaming other than simple word games and so on. I like the phone alot and although it has been been beat up in reviews I think too many people are picking it apart. It has performed exceptionally well for me with no issues at all. Good size, good call quality, no lag, amazing keyboard. Good luck.

OP
K

KidmanMakino

Reaction score
I tried the physical keyboard in the store,having been used to all touchscreen and it was awkward but I could probably get used to it but even wayyy back when I used an enV I'd rarely use the flip keyboard. Even on Eris I never use the sideways keyboard maybe because I seem to type faster vertically with just my thumb--a reason I miss old fashioned keys since I could type without looking,being able to feel the homerow keys vs touching a screen.
The streaming media from my pc was a big selling point,my Eris could do two hours of internet radio than its totally dead so I wonder how razr/D4 can last.
Also I'm not in 4G country so how would that affect battery life since I always kept WiFi button toggled off on my phone anyway. Didn't know the difference yet or how long until I'll be under 4G coverage but sounds like the device holds up decently.
I've seen posts about people carrying portable chargers and such. The salesman even recommended the same thing but that seems completely insane to me! Like carrying a spare gas can cuz the car can only go four hours of driving before a refuel or something. Meanwhile most others can go 20,you know what I'm trying to say? I have a car charger but I only use it if I take the family on a road trip for a day, pumping the gps the whole way back n forth.
So if the battery is average,like my Eris,where it can do an 8 hour shift at work with just email/texts,small games on breaks,and still have 20% than I'll be happy.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I'm getting 18-22 hours easily out of mine after a few power cycles. Display maxed, everything on other than bluetooth. Its nothing like my 100-110 hour BP7X extended battery R2D2, but its good enough.

amishdude01

Reaction score
On a normal day ill get about 8 hours on a charge. I do use my phone and constantly check it alot. Keep in mind I havent messed with Smart Actions yet though. A few days ago, I had a 100% charge and after playing words with friends, cartoon wars, and checking facebook literally non stop, my phones 5% battery alarm went off about 3 hours and 15 mins into it. Like I said, i was on my phone Non stop though. I do wish it was better.

droidbound

Reaction score
It depends so much on how you use your phone! I'm at 19 hours now since the last charge and still have 60%.
I do use Smart Actions though and that really helps! For example I have a setup after midnight everything turns off: wifi, 4G, silence ringer etc. Now it's no big deal if I forget to charge it at night (plus I don't get disturbed by incoming email or text notifications in the middle of the night). Basically has the same charge it had when I put it to bed. Smart Actions can save you tons of battery.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums