is the 32gb memory card woth the money?

matt192004

Reaction score
is anyone currently using the sandisk 32gb memory card that vzw sales for $99.99 with there droid 2? I have the 8gb card that came with the phone and can get 30 minutes on camcorder with it at 720p are the best setting. as far as the camera is concenred with it at set on widescreen i can get 5 thosuand 7 hudnred and 19 pictures so i am wondering could someone please tell me what the camcorder time is and how mnay pictures i could take with the 32gb memory card ? I dont mind paying the money but i want to know what i am getting first before i just go iout and spend over $100 on a memory card

SPerry

Reaction score
I bought a 32GB card and 2 Droid2s dont like it. Have various failures reading and writing to it. Card works fine in PC and camera though.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
To answer your question about camcorder time and picture storage; just multiply what you can get with your 8gb card X 4.

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
ok i thought that was the correct way to figure it BUT i am still kind of new to this phone stuff and wanted to be sure i was doing it right so i take 30 minutes and multiply tiems 4 and that is the time i can get? also what type of problenms did you experience with teh memory card? also on another side note on the extended battery i have the snap on case form vzw IF i got the extended batteery would my case still fit on my phone with the extended battery cover and all

napjester

Reaction score
I believe the extended batteries are larger but come with a new back cover to accommoddate the big battery. You would have to find a new case that is made to accommodate extended batteries.

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
ok well i have the case that vzw sales it is a snap on cover for the back and i use the screen protectors for the front.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your device is rooted and you depend on any type of custom recovery like Clock Work I would suggest against the 32gb memory card - I had one and I had to return it as I was unable to make back-ups or perform restores from it - after going back to my 16gb the problems ceased -

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
my phone is NOT rooted nor overclocked. I DONT know how to root and are anything like that i do wish my phone had a way to make the processor go faster but dont no how to get it to go faster. would the card be a good investment in a noon rotted phone?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
to get the processor to go faster you would have to root - it is possible :)

As far as the card being a good investment...if you need the storage space then yes

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
i have read several things on rooting and installed 1 2 3 easy root to my computer BUT am afraid to run it it says all i got to do is plug phone in check debugging and let it run BUT i am afraid i will ness it up

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would highly suggest against any easy root program - if you do it it should be done the old fashioned way, it is more reliable and you will come out the other end a smarter person with more understanding of your device and the processes that go on during Root

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
I agree but I wish vzw would upgrade me to droid global 2 at contract price it would be easier all the way around

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just received my 32G card from VZ, it works just fine. I transferred everything from my 16G card to my PC then to the new card.

I bought it because with the 16G card I couldn't have all of my music, south park episodes, and movies. I have it all now with tons of space left over.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I've had the 32 for a while. I had issues at first with backups on my D1, but it was because i formatted it on my computer an loaded my music first. After reformatting it on the phone. I haven't had any issue. It does take a little longer to mount than the 16G card.