Is that a Nexus in your pocket...

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the thinness, relative narrowness (compared to the razr anyway) and slight curve will make the one truely outsized dimension on this phone (height) a relative non-issue. I would be far more concerned if it were thick or wide than tall.

OK. I'll quit my whining. I think you may be right. The extra height may be offset by the thinness and the curve. I like curves and curvy things.:D

What I really want is a very small phone that I can use but it has the "mutitouch - pinch to zoom" feature for the whole phone. I zoom it out and the whole phone gets bigger...pinch the fingers together and the phone gets smaller. How about that trick. I'm not sure that as smart as these phones are that they can overcome the laws of physics though.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
OK. I'll quit my whining. I think you may be right. The extra height may be offset by the thinness and the curve. I like curves and curvy things.:D

What I really want is a very small phone that I can use but it has the "mutitouch - pinch to zoom" feature for the whole phone. I zoom it out and the whole phone gets bigger...pinch the fingers together and the phone gets smaller. How about that trick. I'm not sure that as smart as these phones are that they can overcome the laws of physics though.

I want that as well....I wouldnt even need a tablet! EVER...:D

LaGgY_42o

Reaction score
The size doesn't bother me, I currently have a Droid X anyway and it can't be that much bigger, as for the gun part I carry a Glock 21 full sized .45 ACP (have my concealed carry permit ofc) so carrying a 4.65 inch screen smart phone wouldn't be a problem lol. I just wish the Note would come to Verizon so I could get it.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i dont know if you are serious or not but this is already a option

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
i dont know if you are serious or not but this is already a option

I think he means he wants it build into the OS so everything has the ability to pinch to zoom such as home screen, apps, ect.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, he was joking. He wanted a device that physically zoomed in and out, aka making the device physically larger and smaller, aka defying the laws of physics.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right... I want that device, too. The size of the Galaxy 10.1 when I'm playing games, watching movies; size of the D1 when in my pocket; and size of a bluetooth headset when I clip it to my hear for phone calls,.

Jradish

Reaction score
I've had the D1 for two years. One thing I love about it's size is being able to do mostly everything with one hand if held vertically( my thumb does most of the work ). I've never messed with any phone bigger than the D1. I guess I have regular sized hands( I can't palm a basketball or anything). I hope I can still palm this beast of a phone and am able to pull the notifcation bar down and everything with my thumb.

COSam

Reaction score
I have been waiting for a phone of this size for a long time. I always loved the size of the Infuse. I was hoping the rumors about a 4.5" on the Bionic were going to come true but I passed on the Bionic because of the Nexus rumors and 4.3" screen. I'm 6'6 and have big hands. Coming from the OG Droid, I couldn't be more excited about the screen size upgrade. I struggle with on-screen keyboards with my big hands so the GN's 4.65" screen will probably as easy as it will get for me.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for a phone of this size for a long time. I always loved the size of the Infuse. I was hoping the rumors about a 4.5" on the Bionic were going to come true but I passed on the Bionic because of the Nexus rumors and 4.3" screen. I'm 6'6 and have big hands. Coming from the OG Droid, I couldn't be more excited about the screen size upgrade. I struggle with on-screen keyboards with my big hands so the GN's 4.65" screen will probably as easy as it will get for me.

Sounds like you need to import a Galaxy Note.... 5.3" touchscreen...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, that Note looks so big, the Nexus will take some getting used to for sure, but I don't think my fingers would even reach the top of the Note.

doublea500

Reaction score
lol, that Note looks so big, the Nexus will take some getting used to for sure, but I don't think my fingers would even reach the top of the Note.

hah. its so big it literally could pass as a tablet:D

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Let's be serious, it's a small tablet they're trying to pass off as a phone. Bluetooth headset should come bundled with the phone. I wouldn't be caught dead holding that up to my ear. The Nexus is as big as I'll ever go, it's just the right size.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

At first I mis-read this as "It's so big it literally could pass a tablet" and got a really weird mental image of the Note crapping out a Galaxy 10.1 and though "No it's not, that'd never work".... re-read it and it made much more sense. That is all.