Is that a Nexus in your pocket...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
...or are you carrying a gun? Get your minds out of the gutter guys. Is anybody else concerned about the size of this bad boy? I carry my phone in my pocket like most other people and this baby is much larger than my t-bolt, which is larger than my D2, which was larger than my LG Dare, which was larger than my LG flip phone. It seems like we're going to get to a point of phones being too big to carry. I didn't like the size of my bolt when I first got it. I'm used to it now, but dang, I don't want to be carrying a tablet around with me. This phone looks awesome. I guess I'll just have to see it up close an personal before I make a decision.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I always said that the size of the OG was great 3.7 but a 4.0 would work well also. 4.3 always seemed to big but 4.65 seems even bigger. Looking at a comparison charge though it is almost same size as 4.3" phones since there are no physical buttons. Considering the developer push that this phone will have i am going with it. I did play the RAZR today though so maybe i'll have one of those as well.. :icon_ lala:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I always said that the size of the OG was great 3.7 but a 4.0 would work well also. 4.3 always seemed to big but 4.65 seems even bigger. Looking at a comparison charge though it is almost same size as 4.3" phones since there are no physical buttons. Considering the developer push that this phone will have i am going with it. I did play the RAZR today though so maybe i'll have one of those as well.. :icon_ lala:

I remember reading that the device itself is not 4.65 but since there are no capacitive buttons, that's what makes the screen size 4.65

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Tas

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the size. (That's what she said) I always carry my phones in my back pocket and and when I go to sit down, I always take it out and place it near me. So, no big inconvenience to me. And in the colder days, I just keep it in my coat/jacket pockets.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the size. (That's what she said) I always carry my phones in my back pocket and and when I go to sit down, I always take it out and place it near me.

That was always my preferred method as well. Then I started forgetting it was there and sitting on it:(

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That was always my preferred method as well. Then I started forgetting it was there and sitting on it:(

"what's that crunching sound?" That sounds painfully expensive.

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that the device itself is not 4.65 but since there are no capacitive buttons, that's what makes the screen size 4.65

That's what a lot of people keep saying, but the dimensions of the phone make it a a full 1/2 inch longer than a T-bolt. If you look at the phone, there is a lot of unused real estate both above the screen and below the screen. The screen goes close to the edges horizontally, but vertically, there's a lot of extra space.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I've read this phone is less than .25" longer than the Bionic/Razr and is not quite as wide (2.71" vs 2.67"). So, it's not really much bigger. The useful screen size is about the same 4.3" as the other phones but has about .3" - .35" of additional screen length for the soft buttons.

Galaxy Nexus = 5.33" X 2.67"
Droid Razr = 5.14" X 2.71"

Those are the numbers I've read, if they are wrong, please disregard

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's just barely taller than the Razr and it's width is thinner than both the Razr and the Rezound.

Should fit fine if you're used to a 4.3'' device. This is getting into innuendo territory so forgive me, but I think a taller phone is better than a wider phone when you're talking about space in the pocket. Pant pockets are usually deep, but not always wide.

Last edited:
OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
From what I've read this phone is less than .25" longer than the Bionic/Razr and is not quite as wide (2.71" vs 2.67"). So, it's not really much bigger. The useful screen size is about the same 4.3" as the other phones but has about .3" - .35" of additional screen length for the soft buttons.

Galaxy Nexus = 5.33" X 2.67"
Droid Razr = 5.14" X 2.71"

Those are the numbers I've read, if they are wrong, please disregard

Those numbers look like what I have seen, and it's true it's not "that" much bigger than the other new phones, but my point is that it is significantly bigger that what is out there now. The T-bolt for example was considered a large phone when it came out is 4.8" as opposed to 5.33" (or 5.4 depending on where you read it). That's a pretty big jump. The width is about the same.

Felix 222

Reaction score
I'm most concerned with thickness (or girth ;)). My OG is wearing out the denim of my jeans; I have a perfect faded outline wear the phone sits in my pocket, and it even put a hole in another pair of jeans. Gr...

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Don't like the size, so don't buy it. Enough people want a bigger phone so they started making them. What do you really expect when people want to watch movies and surf the web on them?

Vakharn

Reaction score
I think the thinness, relative narrowness (compared to the razr anyway) and slight curve will make the one truely outsized dimension on this phone (height) a relative non-issue. I would be far more concerned if it were thick or wide than tall.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Don't like the size, so don't buy it. Enough people want a bigger phone so they started making them. What do you really expect when people want to watch movies and surf the web on them?

I agree....as long as the consumer buys it, they will keep making them...plus, why all the complaining about the size? The Samsung Note is gonna be way bigger!