1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is temporary root bad for Droid incredible?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by bmxrican, Jun 19, 2011.

1. bmxrican

bmxrican New Member

I have rooted my phone twice already and my last one started rebooting constantly so I don't want to permanently root this phone so I've been using z4root to temporarily root my phone when I need to wifi tether.... I just want to now if this would do any damage to my phone

Sent from my ADR6300
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. BOYJ

BOYJ New Member

I don't think that z4root will let you permanently root, only temp. It's not compatible for the permanent. With z4root you can always unroot by simply rebooting your phone

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  3. azdrifter

azdrifter Member

Rooting Dinc

I have rooted my Dinc several times and I have found that doing this has not hurt my phone in anyway.
    One thing I do not use Z4root i use Unrevoked and then when i want to go back to stock without a root i use the Ruu file and it goes right back to original Verizon stock Sense.
    I have actually done this about 10 times and had no issues so far.
    As for installing ROMs i have used every ROM available fro the Incredible and I have been using CM7 as a daily for some time now.
Search tags for this page
droid incredible temp root

temporary root htc dinc

will z4 root hurt my phone