Is screen protector needed for Nexus?

cebosound

Reaction score
I look forward to getting a screen protector for mine. Best buy didn't have any accessories. But I should have a screen protector and case soon.

By the way, this officially my first post from my nexus. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wil318466

Reaction score
Never scratched any of my screens and can't stand the glass protectors. I've never used a screen protector and I never will.

I will tell you this - the Nexus has a smudge-resistant surface. It just stays very very clean for some odd reason. Dirt/oil from your fingers doesn't transfer as easily as other phones have. If you put a screen protector on I'm sure you'll be wiping it down all the time.

I would say absolutely do NOT use a screen protector, but I know that won't change the minds of most people who are downright OCD about their screens. The Nexus has a big, beautiful, bright, smudge-resistant screen. Don't ruin it with a screen protector.

hydro556

Reaction score
After my Skinomi skin drying overnight, I can report it has not compromised the GNex's beautiful screen at all, apparently. Looks great.

Vakharn

Reaction score
I never used a screen protector on my original droid and I don't plan to on my galaxy nexus. I use the seidio surface cases with the hoster. The holster is more effective than any screen protector as long as you keep it on your phone anytime you aren't actively using the screen. I don't clip it on my belt but instead put the phone in my pocket with the clip facing outwards clipped over the outside of the pocket. This prevents the phone from falling out and from touching the bottom of my pocket which means I can safely carry my keys in there. I also never sit down with my phone in my pocket.