Is Sapphire being Thromed?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yea, now everyone cut out the arguments based on no sign of fact at all... Close this thread. Go for a bike ride for god's sake...

Deuel

Reaction score
CVPCS: Your response is definitive of what open source is meant to be. This thread should have been closed after your remarks as there is little to add following it.

Thanks!

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
CVPCS: Your response is definitive of what open source is meant to be. This thread should have been closed after your remarks as there is little to add following it.

Thanks!

I would like to add:

<---------------- What i look like when people argue about this

DeeMat

Reaction score
Cvpcs' response is one more reason why I'm willing to support his work. This Guy has the right attitude.

BoddhiC

Reaction score
cvpcs, if I had any lingering doubts as to who my favorite dev for the droid is, your response laid it to rest. It was brilliant and thoughtful and gives me even a greater appreciation of the potential of open source. Having read through some of the BD/UD flame threads in forums in the past, this is the first time any dev has given a gentlemanly response that I can recall. Strong work, keep it up!

Sending a donation your way now in thanks.

mkraffert

Reaction score
Thank you cvpcs! I saw this thread starting and cringed. I appreciate all the work that goes into all the ROMs. I have my favorite ROMs (Yes, I use more than one and swap between them almost daily) We all have our favorite ROMs. Favorite developers are a different story. My favorite developers are developers who spend their time and efforts to make our phones better. This thread was turning into a "MY favorite developer is better than YOUR favorite developer" thread. Your thoughtful post pretty much stopped that mindset.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
First off, lets not open threads to cause problems, contact people and find out what is really going on before posting a thread on here.

The Luna Theme theme I made is an update.zip and to understand most themes in this format they simply replace a bunch of system apk files. Now, people don't understand how themes work so they apply a theme for 2.0.0 to 3.5.0 and most of the time yes, it works, however you might notice small issues, displacements, or just different functions in apps. Now, because you put my Luna Theme on your Sapphire ROM, this doesn't prove that BD is stealing code but rather just shows that your phone is now in a hybrid. For the most part just images have been replaced, but also parts of apps are changed for you now. For example, I don't believe that your sapphire MMS app has a black background option (if i remember correctly) but now that you replaced the MMS with my Luna version, it does have that option.

By installing my update.zip you are just pushing a few regular APK files to your phone that replace your originals. The only thing people have issues with usually is the framework-res.apk and services.jar files... And I don't know enough about Sapphire or eXtreme or those technicalities to comment on that.

EDIT: Also, I believe I will be porting over my newest build of Luna Theme to Sapphire in the coming days, so keep in touch and stay tuned in...

I look forward to trying your theme on Sapphire......dancedroid

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with cvpcs. I never understood the drama with the whole bd/ud issue, I kept saying to my self.. This is open source is it not?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
cvpcs what can I say : )

This is why you are "loved" by your supporters.

This is your area and we (mods) don't like to interfere but if you want the thread closed pm me.

In the meantime contact danDroid (admin) for crying out loud lol. Ask him for mod permissions in this area then you can close and edit all you like.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

This is your area and we (mods) don't like to interfere but if you want the thread closed pm me.

In the meantime contact danDroid (admin) for crying out loud lol. Ask him for mod permissions in this area then you can close and edit all you like.

lol alright alright i'll pm him. seriously i'm the most scatterbrained person i know. >< and i think it's alright to keep the thread open. freedom of expression and all that.

thank you for the kind words as well ^.^

cizzlen

Reaction score

lol alright alright i'll pm him. seriously i'm the most scatterbrained person i know. >< and i think it's alright to keep the thread open. freedom of expression and all that.

thank you for the kind words as well ^.^

Another reason why I could put my faith in your work from the start. You sir are gentleman. I wholeheartedly agree with you and was never in to the whole drama. Best ROM, best support and great attitude!