Is Sapphire being Thromed?

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by FSRBIKER, Jul 15, 2010.

1. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was able to apply the new Luna Theme made specifically for Blackdroid's UDExtreme 3.5 and so far everything works! While it great to have a new theme is sucks if BD is once again ripping off someones work and passing it off as his own without proper credit. The only thing that doesn't work so far is in settings/UD and changing things in the user interface since it's probably something he actually did add himself, Gem settings is working though.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, lets not open threads to cause problems, contact people and find out what is really going on before posting a thread on here.

The Luna Theme theme I made is an update.zip and to understand most themes in this format they simply replace a bunch of system apk files. Now, people don't understand how themes work so they apply a theme for 2.0.0 to 3.5.0 and most of the time yes, it works, however you might notice small issues, displacements, or just different functions in apps. Now, because you put my Luna Theme on your Sapphire ROM, this doesn't prove that BD is stealing code but rather just shows that your phone is now in a hybrid. For the most part just images have been replaced, but also parts of apps are changed for you now. For example, I don't believe that your sapphire MMS app has a black background option (if i remember correctly) but now that you replaced the MMS with my Luna version, it does have that option.

By installing my update.zip you are just pushing a few regular APK files to your phone that replace your originals. The only thing people have issues with usually is the framework-res.apk and services.jar files... And I don't know enough about Sapphire or eXtreme or those technicalities to comment on that.

EDIT: Also, I believe I will be porting over my newest build of Luna Theme to Sapphire in the coming days, so keep in touch and stay tuned in...

#2 icculusX, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  3. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who should I contact Blackdroid? Would he actually be honest? Now I did run his Throms awhile ago and they did work just fine, I choose to support other developers now. Interesting that Bgills GreenMetal theme makes Sapphire boot loop.

BTW I used this theme on a Chaos Rom before, really great job!

4. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    All this means is you got lucky applying a theme targeted for another ROM onto Sapphire. I personally would wait until icculusX does a proper port to Sapphire, for the reasons he has stated above.

And please do not launch into another discussion of BD/UD. Thank you.

5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FSRBIKER - No offence, but don't be a tard. Your tone is annoying. I am being kind in explaining to you how themes work. Yes you can talk to BD or the creator of Sapphire to work things out under the table instead of causing more issues on DF. I suggest you flash every ROM and every opposite theme out there... You will find, as pdroid said, that you might get lucky sometimes with themes working on ROMs they were not meant for. Some work, others put you in a boot loop, others force close a lot... It's called chance.

BTW, what the heck is throms?

6. jlambeth1

jlambeth1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BTW, what the heck is throms?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was wondering the same thing.

7. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My tone is annoying, whatever. A Thromer is someone who themes an existing Rom makes some other changes but then calls it his own without giving proper credit.

I'll drop it, the theme is great. I sent the guys from Sapphire a message so they can look into it or not.

8. trillonometry

trillonometry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    its probably definitely true though...

9. xxlostsurferx16

Ratings:
    +0
    guys we've all been here for the initial though. no need to charge people and flame people when you don't need to. All the devs out there are only trying to make OUR phones run better. We should be thanking them, not bashing them.

10. trillonometry

trillonometry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    agreedd.... not like blackdroid is charging us for it... although the people he sells adds to for his site probably dont appreciate sponsoring ganked software

11. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MOD PLEASE REMOVE THIS ANNOYING THREAD...

It is pointless, and you people are close minded. Thromer? Please don't make up words...

12. jlambeth1

jlambeth1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I second the motion. Please close this thread.