Is rooting the S4 worth it?

Tacojoe51

Reaction score
I recently got my S4 about a month ago and was wondering if rooting is worth it? If so is there any easy program to do it. Also, what are some good features of rooting?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You need to ask yourself 2 questions. Am I comfortable with rooting and all of what may come with it if I mess it up? Do I have a reason for rooting?

If you can answer those 2 questions then we're getting somewhere.

Basically, if you have to ask, I don't think you have studied rooting enough.

OP
Tacojoe51

Tacojoe51

Reaction score
No I haven't really looked at it much, some of my buddies from work were talking about it and I was just curious. I'll ask them more about it. :biggrin:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have a reason, that's good. If you just want to root for rooting sake some people do and love it but there are some potential pitfalls. You need to be comfortable with it.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I think rooting is essential. After having a rooted phone I can't imagine not having it... Its a night and day difference.

OP
Tacojoe51

Tacojoe51

Reaction score
Thanks for your input I will think more about it and look at the positives and negatives of it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you have a reason to root then by all means, go for it. However, if you have nothing to really gain with root, then it isn't worth the hassle and it won't change your everyday experience.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree with both leeshor and MotoXGirl. Rooting can open up the phone to give you the freedom and flexibility to make your phone... yours. You can install custom ROMs, change the clock speed, remove bloat, hack the Verizon WIFI Hotspot, completely redesign the look, feel and performance, etc. But with how fine-tuned that Motorola has engineered this new group of phones, and how advanced the OS has become you may never feel the need to do any of this. I haven't rooted yet, and I may only root to access the Hotspot feature.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

micp1480

Reaction score
Leeshor is correct with his line of questions, in regards to the decision making of rooting. For me personally, I found that I was robbed of valuable space on my galaxy S4 with all the bloatware that you can't delete unless you are rooted and have a program called Titanium Backup. That program takes a moment of sit down lesson, but once you have mastered it, you can start to remove the bloatware safely. So, to Root or not to Root? That is the question.

AM